||CHAPTER 12||

||KIMULI||

Lillian Rosa is a renowned feminist and environmentalist. She is also the sole owner of Boabab Conservatoire and Hotel. A five star rated hotel that receives local but mostly foreign guests for its prowess in native foods, music and dance.

I was doing thorough research on any job opportunities that could suit Zawadi even though I particularly wanted something related to her career. When I was going through hotels, seeking those that I could have potential connections with, Boabab Hotel popped up on my laptop screen. And my mind screamed, "There!" The perfect hotel to find an opportunity for her.

Lillian Rosa is a friend of mom's for way longer than I can remember. And by good grace, she can help me. I recalled that her hotel recruits ten potential candidates every year. They are then trained and employed on a contract of five years. If Zawadi can get one of them, she'll be good to go. Her life will hopefully take a turn for the best. And that is what I want. Seeing her set her life on the right path and then rising like a phoenix. She deserves it and so much more.

I did more research on the program. It caters for almost everything the candidate requires. And all it demands is full-time cooperation. Else, you get to lose your million dollar opportunity. Though I did not see when and what time of the year they conduct the registration. It wasn't indicated. Good God, let it be around this time of the year. I would appreciate it so much. I prayed.

Once I was done with the research, I called mom and asked for Lillian's number. As expected, her curiosity got the best of her. I told her that I had figured out a way to make it up to the innocent woman. I was going to help her get the contract. She said it was nice of me and even applauded me for my brilliance. But that was just so she could get her name. I didn't tell her because she would instantly recall her. She doesn't easily forget something she has observed even if it's for a while. However, she made me promise to tell her about this mystery woman.

She'll be shocked to know that her supposedly mystery woman is none other than Zawadi Adan. The only woman she felt was decent enough. The woman who has been moving my life like a roller coaster. She knows what went down last night. I narrated everything to her. Everything else but leaving out Zawadi's name. All she knows is that I saved a girl who needed help. Someday, I'll tell her the whole story. Starting from the beginning. She'll put the pieces together and perhaps she can develop a script from it, produce it and earn from it.

I take a sip of my beer and stretch my hand to pick my phone from the table. Once in my hand, I scroll on the messages and get to the one my mom sent along with Lillian Rosa's number. I touch on the number and dial it. The call is answered on the second ring.

"Hello," I say upon the answering. "Am I speaking to Lillian Rosa?" I ask. Just for confirmation. You should always be sure you're talking to the right person. People have turned into clever and standard con artists.

"Yes, that's me," she says in a sweet voice. My heart drools with excitement. "May I know who you are please?" she requests.

"Evans Kimuli," I respond hoping she'll recognise me.

We have been to gatherings together and have even spent time at mom's house a couple of times with her and her twin daughters, Marie and Melrose.

"Neisha's son?" She asks in an enthusiastic tone. I respond with a yes. "It's so good to talk to you. It's been a long time. How may I help you?" I'm grinning from ear to ear, hoping that she will be of great help.

"I need help with enrolling a candidate in your annual employment program," I tell her.

"Oh, my boy. You're a little late," my heart sinks. "The registration closed last week. They are in the judging stage," she says.