||CHAPTER 19||

||KIMULI||

"The job is all yours," I finalize the meeting with my guy, Martin.

He is now the new manager of my Parlour. It badly needed one and I couldn't think of anyone else fit for the position if not him. It took me time and extensive research on his background to come to that decision and I am hoping that he'll not end up being a disappointment like the last one. It would be a shame and also an insult to my power of choice.

Though I do not see that ever happening. He has the potential and he loves and respects his job. I have watched him for the last three years. He has had no shortcomings and he understands that in our country it's not easy to get a job. No matter how qualified you are. What's needed is connection. If you don't have it, then you're not lucky.

"I'm beyond excited. Too bad the other colleague wasted an opportunity," he says in a pitiful voice.

He has a huge heart and despite the scumbag's wrongs he still has a soft spot for him. I also pitied him too but after a while, I stopped because he was clever and could have done what was right instead of feeding his greed to satisfaction. Now for all I care, he can rot in hell wherever he is.

"Not all of us can afford to be grateful," I state and he nods in agreement.

"I'm really excited to get this job. Thank you," he expresses his gratitude again and that only reassures me that it's going to be smooth working with him.

There is a knock at the door that typically reminds me that my cousin Tina is supposed to be here by now. She still hasn't gone back to Coast and I'm enjoying her company though she has been teasing me about Zawadi a lot. Not a single day passes without her talking about her. For her to stop nagging me, I promised her a lunch treat out. I'm hoping she'll be kind enough to stop torturing me.

Before I can usher the person in, the door clicks open and the expected guest walks in. She is wearing that glamourous smile that she always wears. Her yellow turtle neck tucked inside her dark high waist jeans which are in turn tucked inside her black knee-high boots make her even more attractive. She loves the cowgirl look. Her hair is braided with extra-long brown braids and her face is void of makeup. Bottom line is, she's perfectly beautiful.

I look at Matt only to find him staring hard at her. Of course, she catches everyone's attention but what surprises me is that she too is staring at him. There seems to be communication ongoing leaving me out. Nope! Not happening. And especially not in my damn office. They can do that somewhere else.

"Tina?" I call and she snaps back to reality in a second.

"Did I interrupt?" She asks sweetly still trying hard not to look at him. The fast he disappears through that door the better.

"Not at all," Martin answers before I can.

They both stare at each other. AGAIN. Lovestruck! So help me God that this woman isn't going to be doing this with my newly appointed manager. That could spell trouble.

"Oh, right. Nice to meet you. I'm Christine. Though too long I prefer Tina," she greets extending her hand towards him.

"Matt. Nice to meet you too." He stands and gladly shakes it. A wide smile on his face. Matt?! The fuck! It's Martin!

"Enough with the pleasantries. Matt, I'm watching you," I warn regarding my sister who apparently frowns at me. I roll my eyes at her and face Martin. The man is still smiling.

"Okay, sir," he salutes playfully and walks out of the office.

"Have a seat, woman. We are gonna be having a lot to talk about," I usher her a seat on the couch.