Darkness

Qibli looked into Darkstalker's eyes and said, "Yes."

A wide smile spread across the huge NightWing's face. "Most excellent. I look forward to the bright future. Now, let me think of how to word thi-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence. Kinkajou suddenly materialized beside him, bright red. "NO! QIBLI! WHY? HE'S EVIL! ARGH! BOO! HISS!" She reared up, opening her mouth. 

"Oh, pul-ease, no," Darkstalker said lazily. "I've already figured out you have protection from my spells." He ripped off the skyfire pouch around Kinkajou's ankle. "Now I enchant you to obey my every command. Go away!" Kinkajou's eyes glazed over, and she flew out of the deep hole.

Qibli was torn. Kinkajou was his friend, but she couldn't take away his last chance for power. "Darkstalker--" he said hesitantly. "Please don't hurt her." 

"Oh, I wouldn't," he said. "Now. Take off that earring." Qibli did. He placed it in Darkstalker's palm. "Hmmmm... how do I word this spell? Alright." In a slightly deeper voice, he intoned, "Enchant this dragon to have infinite animus magic, infinite spells; except for the ones he could use against me. Those spells will have no effect on me." Darkstalker stepped back.

This is it. I... I have animus magic. It's literally my dream come true. I can't believe it. Qibli stretched out his talons and stared at them. "Did it work?" he whispered.

"Go ahead and try," grinned Darkstalker.

Qibli pointed at a rock. "I enchant this rock to turn into a giant ruby the size of my head." The rock immediately burst upward, becoming large and sparkly and red. It was, without a doubt, the happiest moment of Qibli's life. 

He swept out his sandy yellow wings and bowed to Darkstalker--the only dragon who trusted him with this power.

"Alright, get up! If we are allies, no need to bow," Darkstalker chuckled. Qibli rose. "Now, I would like to hear some of your brilliant ideas. We will make a wonderful team, Qibli. I know it."

Hi, HollyTheRainWing here! This story is just for fun, I like alternate future stuff.