idk, a chapter i guess?

Waves washed to the shore. A bronze-gold sun shone in the sapphire sky. The whole scene gave a peaceful, welcome feeling. 

Wingbeats sounded in the distance, and if you looked closely over the Western Ocean, a dragon was visible, flying towards the shore. She was holding a net between her front talons. The net appeared to contain several flopping fish, a good haul. As she neared, it was clear that she was a SandWing.

She landed on the beach, folding in her tawny wings. After quickly orienting herself, the dragon set off slightly due North. The SandWing flipped her net over so it was on her back and took off some stress from her talons. She hummed a clever little tune as she arrived at a small, cozy hut.

The SandWing creaked open her door. Dropping her haul on a low table, she paused. A strange feeling was in the air, that little trickle of ice that ran through her veins when... 

When animus magic is used.

Jerboa hurried over to a chest in her corner and flung it open. She pulled out her trusty enchanted scroll and laid it out on the table. After unrolling it, she asked, "Did someone just use animus magic?"

Yes.

"Was it Starwatcher?"

Yes.

"Is she okay?"

In a manner of speaking, yes.

"Did Darkstalker do anything to her?"

No.

"Is Darkstalker involved in what's happening to Starwatcher?"

Technically no.

Jerboa groaned in frustration. It was so hard to ask this scroll questions; they always rolled off of the smug paper right back at her.

"Where is Starwatcher right now?"

In a different dimension.

She paused to stare at the scroll. Okaaaay. I've always thought Starwatcher was weird, but how does this dragonet get herself stuck in another dimension in the 10 minutes I'm gone?

Actually, I don't want to know.

"What can I do to help her?"

Nothing, the mindspace that Starwatcher is in is impenetrable.

"Is there another animus involved?"

Yes.

Jerboa twitched her ears in surprise. "Who?"

More of a ghost than an actual dragon. She is a MoonWing, a god-like spirit of pure energy.

"What exactly is this 'MoonWing' doing?" 

When two animus dragons cast spells that oppose each other, at exactly the same time, their minds are transferred to a different dimension. The MoonWing is also there, monitoring their visit.

"Can she help them get out?"

She could, but most likely will not. She is more interested in watching them fight it out.

"WHAT??" roared Jerboa. "MORE DETAILS, SCROLL!"

When two animus dragons cast spells that oppose each other, at exactly the same time, their minds are transferred to a different dimension. 

Jerboa lashed her tail in frustration, but the scroll went on.

They are to duel each other until one dies, then the surviving one is transferred back to the present realm.

"And," whispered Jerboa, "If one... dies... in that dimension... do they die in the real world, too?" She already knew the answer, but the scroll confirmed it.

Yes.