What Happened Next

Clearsight and Whiteout's graves were right next to each other.

They all agreed that it was just wrong for them to be alive, after 2,000 years of being dead. Clearsight and Whiteout were even glad to finally be truly dead. 

Before she died (for the second time), Clearsight had written three scrolls of information about her life. Then she visited Jade Mountain Academy and gave a speech in front of all the students. 

After that, they had a "funeral", except it wasn't a real funeral because Clearsight and Whiteout were still alive during it. 

Goldenstorm turned out to be a SandWing-SeaWing hybrid. She was beyond joyful to find out that her mother had kept herself alive with magic, and they reunited during the funeral. 

Darkstalker's sister and his girlfriend were buried by Jade Mountain. It had been requested by both of them before they died. 

It really wasn't that sad when they passed away. Everyone had asked their questions and said their goodbyes, then they had just...died.

Starwatcher was now a student at Jade Mountain, in the new Diamond Winglet. She had great clawmates and got along well with all of them.

As for Jerboa, she visited Jade Mountain monthly, to give lessons on animus magic.

And Darkstalker was living happily, with his Clearsight, and his Foeslayer, and his Whiteout, and even his Fathom. Everything was just like the old days. He was a dragonet again, but this time, he chose a different path.

However, the most peculiar thing had happened when Starwatcher was returned to her dimension. An egg had also appeared. An egg that was midnight-black, with flashes of emerald green and parrot blue and sunrise gold.

An egg that hatched a NightWing RainWing hybrid.

Foeslayer, once they found her, agreed to take care of it.

She would never tell anyone this, but she adopted the egg because she had caught a glimpse of her son in the dragonet's eyes. And deep down, Foeslayer suspected that this dragonet had an odd connection with Darkstalker.

And Darkstalker, watching from the moons, smiled to himself, hoping that Foeslayer would enjoy the egg he sent her. Inside it was a dragon like him, except it was so unlike him that he could hardly tell who it was supposed to resemble.

He just hoped that Foeslayer would remember him every time she saw that dragonet.

And, as most endings go, they all lived happily ever after, looking forward to the bright future.

A/N: this is not the end yet, I'll write an epilogue!