H U H

Starwatcher yelped and flared her wings. "We have to get it!" She yelled, and with that, she launched into the air, sending a wave of air over them. Clearsight tugged Whiteout onto her back and followed the NightWing dragonet.

She heard Jerboa take flight behind her, grumbling angrily. Clearsight stared wildly around for the scrap of scroll, and finally saw Starwatcher, far below her, twisting awkwardly in the air after apparently nothing. Upon closer squinting, Clearsight saw a small White dot. 

Whiteout slid off her back and flung out her own wings; pale ice-blue with black speckles on the undersides. She had an odd way of flying, like instead of using her wings to hold herself up, she relied on the wind currents themselves. Like she was simply a feather, willingly letting the wind carry her. Like she trusted the cold, fresh air to hold her up no matter how little she beat her wings.

"I'm gonna go help Starwatcher," said Clearsight. "Thank you for helping us, Whiteout, you won't regret this. We will use the scroll to peacefully stop Darkstalker."

Clearsight folded her wings in neatly and dove towards her friend. Something very odd was happening; whenever Starwatcher reached out her talons, the paper twisted away from her. She let out a cry of frustration. "Jerboa!" She hollered. "Get—over *oof* here! I think its'—UGH!—animus-touched! Maybe by Darkstalker or something?"

Hmm. Clearsight considered the possibilities. If Darkstalker had enchanted it to come to him, that would make no sense. He had magic of his own, he could do literally anything to them right now, even from half a continent away.

So was there some other secret animus they didn't know about?

Jerboa swooped down to join them. "Odd," she muttered. "This behavior is certainly that of an animus-touched object. But if it was Darkstalker—no, it couldn't have been, he can just cast whatever spell he'd like, no need for him to use his little magic scroll. So... who could it have been?"

"I had those thoughts," said Clearsight. "How about we just follow it and see where it leads us?"

"Fine by me," shrugged Starwatcher.

"Sounds alright," mused Jerboa, narrowing her eyes at the piece of paper.

"Magnolia," said Whiteout smartly. 

"Okay, I'll take that as a yes. Let's go!"