Day 6,001 (March 22nd)

I haven't talked to Dallas in a few days, but that's not uncommon. I've been busy with studying for tests. He's been busy with his band and studying. Zelda asked about the other week in the basement, but I told her I didn't want to talk about it. I think she understood because she didn't question me anymore.

Mom, dad, and Callie are all out tonight, so I'm left alone. Tomorrow is mom's birthday, but we couldn't all get tickets to see Wicked, her favorite musical, so I offered to step out of the occasion. I felt bad because I wouldn't be spending time with her tonight in celebration, but I'll make it up with a cool card tomorrow.

I decide to go into the study and finish up some homework for the rest of the night. I set my backpack down next to the large desk in the center of the room, and I let myself fall into the comfy executive chair. The room smells strongly of parchment paper and coconut oil. The only source of light in the room at the moment is the lamp that illuminates desk. I pull out my chemistry textbook and begin working on the problems from our lab that I didn't finish in class. I work until my eyes are struggling to stay open. The room is warm and cozy, it'd be easy for me to just take a quick nap and continue my homework in an hour or two. I close my eyes, just for a moment.