Day 6,531 (November 19th)

Callie flew home last night for fall break. Dallas and I are in the basement with her, just like old times. Cam is out-of-town visiting some distant family, so he's not joining us this time. I'm sitting on the couch with Dallas, who has his arm extended around me. Callie excuses herself to go get more wine, leaving me and Dallas alone on the couch. "Hey, Jo?" Dallas looks down towards his free hand.

"What's up?"

He sighs, "I have a big question for you."

I inch away while taking a deep breath, "I will not marry you. I may be 18, but that doesn't mean anything! I'm not ready."

He chuckles, "No, Jo-Jo. I was going to ask if you want to go down to Florida after graduation. It could be our senior trip, just me and you. We could get a hotel and see all the places Callie tells us about. Jodie Marie Sizemore, will you travel down to Florida with me the summer of our graduation?"

My face naturally forms a smile, "Of course, it would be my honor." Dallas shows of his teeth and leans in to peck my forehead with a kiss. I snuggle back with him, this time I hold his free hand.

Callie comes back down stairs holding a glass of wine and a plate of leftover moscocholli from last night's dinner. "Y'all keepin' it PG?" She starts to laugh.

Dallas answers her before I get to even open my mouth, "Only for you."

I smack his arm, only making the two of them laugh more. My cheeks burn with embarrassment. It's fun when your boyfriend and sister are good friends, that way they can tease you. But, all sarcasm aside, I am really excited to travel this summer. I'm really happy with these two. They're amazing, and I'm so happy to call them my best friends for life. I don't care how childish that sounds, it's true.