21

__

__

21 | Thicker than blood

" Shut. Up. " Meryl was standing in Willow's living room and helping her go through most of her belongings, which depressingly enough, wasn't much.

" I still can't believe you're moving in with a boy, " Meryl looked back at Willow and scrunched her nose. " Ew. "

Willow grinned and finished labeling a tote that would be put into storage. She had packed the things that had seemed to add clutter to her home but needed to remind herself that Barry had a computer and lots of chairs, so most of their stuff would be hers.

" So moving in together, maybe buy a house or get married?!" The redhead gushed for a minute, falling backward into a plush couch she sighed and held her chest. " I'm so envious, Hunter's such an old school guy. He could loosen up a little bit. " she let her legs hang over the side of the couch and daydreamed for a minute.

" I'm actually really excited. "

Meryl pushed herself up and off the couch, raising a brow to Willow's comment. " What, you? " she cackled for a moment, causing Willow to stop what she was doing to sneer at her.

" You? The one who has to triple-check everything- the one with the label maker, THE one person I knew in college who had to research backpacks before getting one, no-way I will believe for a single moment that you're 100% not freaking out, sorry not sorry. " Meryl grinned, relaxing back into the couch and leaving Willow with an obnoxious look on her face.

" Rude. "

Willow grinned at Meryl from her kitchen space behind her, folding a few towels and enjoying her very limited time with her friend. Their counterpart physician was currently in, giving them a small window of time together. 

" Ohhhh, " Meryl picked up a small plastic package with a months worth of pills in it that was on the side table next to her couch, pausing for a moment she looked back at Willow and clicked them in her hand as she noticed not all of them had been taken in a row, " do I sense a baby Barry running around soon? "

" Stop. " WIllow's grin was only contained by her animated expression, she hadn't even thought about kids yet, but that conversation would inevitably be in their future. " Maybe in-like, ten years. I'm too busy. "

" That's what every woman says before she gets pregnant. " Meryl mocked her and Willow rushed from behind her counter and clipped the pills from her friend's hands and stashed them away in a drawer.

" How about we talk about Hunter? " Willow quickly changed the subject and Meryl's expression soured. 

" He's so distant and then he's loving and then-I don't know. We're just friends right now I guess. " Willow listened as her best friend told her about how her former beau had been ignoring her phone calls and she hadn't seen him in a few weeks.