08

08|Seeing Red

08|Seeing Red

The scene caused by Barry saving her from getting hit by the bus had made front-page news. Although a little grainy, one of the people had snapped a photo of both Barry and Willow just as her feet had touched the ground. You could only see a small portion of Willow's face, and the headline mainly focused on The Flash being in Gotham and not Central City.

The moment Willow stepped into the entryway of Gotham Med, Meryl was there waiting for her, hastily clutching the same chronicle that had both her and the red speedster on its cover. She was too smart for her good. Meryl had very easily recognized Willow on the newspaper cover and was intent on answering all her questions.

" How many men do you have on the side, honestly? "

Meryl's tone sounded severe, but Willow could see the growing grin on her face. She smiled, knowing that her colleague was joking with her. Meryl looked less tired this morning, her scarlet hair was down and brushed, and the typical dark rings under her eyes were less visible.

" So we have Bruce, Barry, and now The Flash? You have to fill me in; you have no choice. "

Meryl spoke playfully again, if not a little crudely.

" Who is the best kisser? "

Willow's slight grin softened as true embarrassment replaced her playful wit. Meryl immediately noticed the behavior change, and her mouth transformed into a complete, toothy grin as she realized her nonchalant knock at Willow had struck a chord.

" SO YOU HAVE KISSED ONE OF THEM!!!!?? "

Meryl's voice was so loud now that the patients in the ER waiting room stared at them. Completely oblivious, Meryl pressed on.

" No shit, is it, Bruce?? You love older men; I bet it's him. "

She spoke, still keeping a watchful eye on Willow, trying to read her body language.

Meryl's joke was a play on a phenomenon in the Gotham hospital, with older male patients asking for Wilow by name. Meryl joked, stating that it was because of her rockin' body, but Willow knew it was just because she spent extra time with them and always ensured they were comfortable and well-taken care of.

" Please stop, " Willow pressed her face into her palms, her cheeks brimming with heat.

" Barry, maybe you can clear this up for us, "

Willow listened as Meryl spoke loudly, further annoying the patients in the ER and causing her heart to knock loudly against her ribs. She was sure she'd just heard Meryl say Barry's name.

Willow pulled her face from her hands and noticed Meryl looking over her shoulder, focusing her attention elsewhere. She turned to see the one person who could make her more nervous, Barry Allen.