18

Between Blood and Family | 18

" Can you stop being so cute? " Willow playfully smiled and nudged at her boyfriend. Boyfriend. Her eyes widened slightly as she held back a growing gin. How long had it been since she'd had one of those?

Barry was in a formal button-down white shirt and some black slacks. Willow had finished pressing his shirt and just released her hands from pushing through the top button to his shirt. Admiring how handsome he was, she tried to shift some of his anxiety back to her. " It's just Bruce." Willow pleaded at him, her eyes looking up and admiring his chiseled facial features and honey-hued eyes. Barry pushed a small grin, his eyes shifting down to match hers. Instantly she let out a shallow sigh, realizing it wasn't this event he was nervous about,  but the trip after. She'd been so tied up with things at the hospital that she'd missed a little detail. Barry was nervous about the trip to visit his father.

Their trip to central city had been postponed, but in the meantime, Bruce had invited them to a late thanksgiving at his home, something that had come off as obligatory and not so much a welcomed affair. Still, Willow enjoyed Alfred's company and Barry had been acting a little distant lately, so something out of the norm would be good. She pushed up onto the flats of her feet, letting her arms wash over his shoulders and back as she leaned into him. Willow's smiled from ear to ear as Barry clutched her close and dipped his shoulders as he pulled her into a close kiss. He playfully picked her up, sweeping her off her feet, and casually walked her through her small apartment and into her living room. Willow made an honest try, writhing in Barry's arms as he kissed her and set her down onto her plush couch before gripping her and wrestling her into another kiss. There were things to do, people to call and civilians to rescue but in the next forty-five minutes, before their ride got to her apartment, Willow and Barry decided to ignore all of those things and simply get love-lost in each other.

Alfred was in good spirits, and regardless of how many times Willow had stated they could take a shuttle or taxi out to Wayne Manor, Bruce was rudely straight forward that wasn't an option. They sat in the back of the town car, feeling as though they didn't belong. Small quiet glances at one another until Barry pulled her in close, resting his chin against her head, he quietly spoke against her. The sirens and static of the city were soon drawn out against the wilderness that was on the far outskirts of Gotham. The bare trees and clouded skies were calming, after seeing lights and skyscrapers for so long, she'd sometimes forget how much she enjoyed being away from it all.

" My parents had a spot a few hours outside Central City, " Barry's mouth tugged at a smile as he spoke of a time when both of his parents were alive. " It was super remote, my great-great grandfather had some property and he'd passed it down, and down again. We'd go up every weekend, there was this huge old home that had a well and a generator, we'd joke that if anything ever happened, that's where we would go and hide. " Barry's white smile flashed for a few moments as he relaxed back into the smooth leather seats of the Towncar. " That was a long time ago. "