02

02| Calling____

02| Calling
____

" YOU'RE A DOCTOR, RIGHT?! "

A gruff voice spoke loudly, urgently calling to the backseat of the black, sporty vehicle that Willow had voluntarily thrown herself into. She was hunched over, barely able to hold herself up against the smooth, fine fabric of the seats. Willow managed to gasp out some sort of sound, one that sounded close enough to 'yes.'

All of this was almost too wild to comprehend.

She was in the backseat of Batman's car with The Batman driving, on top of being in the backseat with The Flash.. Things like this didn't happen to people like her. She tucked her hair behind her ears, feverishly trying to get a grip on the backseat so that she could adequately determine what type of condition the scarlet speedster was in.

The car's speed caused the waning street lights to appear as brief flickers of light, adding to the headache that this night had become. She couldn't see the man's condition from the back of the car, and as the car weaved in and out of traffic, she'd accidentally fallen over onto him multiple times, causing him to groan and grunt in distress.

" We've got to get him to the hospital. "

Batman's agitated voice shook through the compact car, further exacerbating Willow's anxiety, her mind racing a million miles an hour as she tried to think of something-anything she could do frantically. The hospital had to be a fucking madhouse right now. With three blocks of Gotham in ruins and scared, shortsighted civilians running around like the entire city was on fire, there wouldn't likely be much room there.

" It's going to be a madhouse, wi-with the explosion, " Willow swallowed hard, trying to find any footing as she spoke, her mind scrambling to think, "The hospital is going to be booked up. "

Willow flinched as the car went quickly. Around another sharp turn, her body fell heavily against the back of the car. She stayed there for a short time, her body becoming increasingly fatigued by the moment as the adrenaline she'd felt from earlier had begun to diminish.

All of the rooms in the ER would be full, as would the rooms in the critical care unit. The standard wings of the hospital might have a few openings, possibly.

"Th-there's a ward in the East wing that we save for special guests, like the mayor or celebrities. I'm sure that'll be clear. " Willow's dimming eyes caught an intense light as she realized that she could help.

She pulled herself up from the backseat, her fingers tightly grasping the tight vinyl seats as she used all her might to keep herself in place.

" Pull around back. "

____

Willow hurriedly rushed from the car, her body nearly falling forwards as her feet toppled from the compact backseat. She ran from the car, turning around to see that The Batman had already exited the vehicle and was pulling the limp body of The Flash from the car.