Chapter Three: Going Back

The four climb out of the stream and lye on their backs on the soft grass all panting heavily. Katsuki is the first back on his feet "Basterds taking our food," his hands start to smoke before large sparks come out of them. "Woah what was that?!" Izuku excitedly asks.

He's up and examining Katsuki's hands in a second "Me? What about you. You're freakishly quick," Izuku shrugs his shoulders "Haven't really noticed," he goes back to looking at the army green scalled hands in his own "Think you can try and do it again?"

"Of course I can," just as he says that a large explosion comes from Katsuki's hand, nearly knocking the other back. "Wow it's like you have a super power. I've read about people in the old books who used to have them, they called them quirks or something," Katsuki smirks at the other "Nerd."

After Izuku's little rant they make their way back over to where their food used to be but find nothing but bones. Shadows start to dance around them. They notice it's almost sundown. The realisation hits Izuku "Oh no I told my parents I would be back before sundown."

Katsuki slaps a hand on his forehead "The hags going to have my head. I left the groceries in the hurbery," the two start to pace, Izuku mumbling to himself while Katsuki is planning on how to keep his head "I think you two are missing the big picture here," they snap their heads towards Eijiro "What?" They ask at the same time.

"None of us can go back looking like this," he says gesturing to their new bodies. Their slitted pupils dilate slightly. "There must be a way to turn back. We would have seen others like us if there wasn't," the deul haired one suggests. That puts their on edge nerves a little at ease.

"How though?" That is the question.

On their walk back to 'camp' they all wrack their brains trying to figure out how to change back. Izuku has his finger up to his chin muttering to himself thinking about what he used to look like. Without realising it his body begins to shift, scales turning to skin, wings and tail shrinking and moving back inside.

"Izuku?!" Hearing his name he gets pulled out of his thoughts and turns around "Yeah?" He asks. When he sees them giving him a shocked expression he tilts his head to the side "What is it?"

"You're human," they all say. Izuku looks down and sees that he is in fact human looking again though now with his sheath gone is dick is on full display for the others to see. His whole face turns red like a strawberry and he quickly covers himself up. He doesn't have to for long since his body is changing back to his scalled form.

He shyly rubs the back of his neck "Well that was embarrassing," he says. "Tsk forget about that. How did you change back?" Katsuki asks. He shrugs his shoulders "I don't know. I was just thinking about what I used to look like and it sort of just happened."

The other three try what the other did and sure enough their scales and wings started shifting though they stop and go back before they can embarrass themselves like Izuku did. "Well at least we figured that out," they all nod their heads.

They reach their make shift camp and grab their respected clothes before going behind a tree or bush to shift back to their human forms.

After pulling his shirt on Izuku comes to realise he has no bottoms to wear. His previous jeans have been ripped to shreds. "Um does anyone have something I can borrow to cover my bottom half," after some shuffling about a red cape lands at his feet. Quickly he wraps the cape around himself before immersing from his changing spot.

"Thanks," he meekly says to whomever gave him the cape "Don't mention it," he hears Katsuki reply. Now that he knows it's Katsuki's it becomes obvious with the cape being doused in his cinnamon and apple with a tinny hint of caramel scent. Izuku takes in a deep breath of it and snuggles into it, letting the scent cover him.