Chapter 9

Taekwoon froze.

Doctors rushed into Jaehwan's room and removed his oxygen mask while a nurse started to perform CPR. Another started preparing a defibrillator.

Taekwoon didn't know what to do. He stood in the doorway frozen. Hakyeon ran up behind him.

"Leo, lets go" he put his hands on Taekwoon's shoulders.

He didn't budge.

"Clear"

An electrical buzz could be heard, followed by  a thump.

"Leo, come on" Hakyeon was now pulling Taekwoon from the room hastily.

Taekwoon fought against Hakyeon's strength. His eyes were set on Jaehwan, his ears were ringing with the sound of the monitor echoing in his head. Hakyeon continued to pull Taekwoon away but he broke free and started to run over to Jaehwan's bed only to be held back by two other doctors.

"Let Me Go" he screamed.

"Sir, please"

"We're doing all we can".

A security guard came in and helped take Taekwoon out the room. Taekwoon was eventually taken out and was seated in the waiting area. He sat down and placed his head in his hands. He shut his eyes and saw Jaehwan's happy cheerful face which was soon replaced by his unconscious state. Taekwoon opened his eyes and saw Hakyeon in front of him.

"Leo..." Hakyeon spoke gently. "Leo...go back to the dorm, you need rest".

Taekwoon shook his head.

"I'm not leaving. Not without Ken" he mumbled and looked towards the 'Emergency' corridor.

Hakyeon sighed.

"Well then, I'll stay too" he sat himself next to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon said nothing as he continued to stare intently at the corridor until his eye lids became heavy, he closed them and his head slowly tilted onto Hakyeon's shoulder as he fell asleep.

---------------------------------------

Hakyeon was sat in the waiting room for what felt like hours. His shoulder was starting to ache because of Taekwoon. Hakyeon looked over to see him asleep peacefully. He smiled as he thought to himself.

I told you, you needed rest.

He then looked up to see a nurse walk over to him.

"Excuse me, are you Cha Hakyeon?" she asked while glancing at her clipboard.

"Y-Yeah" he stammered.

"Don't worry." she smiled. "Jaehwan is going to be okay. The doctors have got his heartbeat back up, but he is still tired and sleeping. You can see him but please don't wake him up".

Hakyeon got up from his seat, forgetting about Taekwoon who was now slumped across the two chairs.

"Thank you" he beamed.

The nurse smiled. "i believe you know where his room his?"

"Yes, thank you" Hakyeon bowed 90 degrees.

The nurse smiled again and also bowed before going over to see another patient.

Hakyeon spun around toward Taekwoon.

"Leo! Leo wake up" he shook Taekwoon.

"Mm" grunted Taekwoon as he slowly sat up. "What?"

"It's Ken! His heart is beating again" Hakyeon was smiling.

Taekwoon froze for a moment and then got up from his seat and without pausing headed down the corridor towards Jaehwan's room. Only one thought was in his head.

He's alive. Ken is alive.

He rushed to a side door and opened it to see Jaehwan asleep on his bed, the heart monitor was beeping signalling Jaehwan's heart beat which Taekwoon found comforting. He walked over to his bed and looked at Jaehwan. His eyes were shut loosely but Taekwoon could see slight movement against the lids. He then saw his lips were slightly parted and could hear a faint sound of Jaehwan breathing. Taekwoon stood still for a while before a tear made its way down his cheek. He pulled up a chair and sat on it next to Jaehwan's bed.

"You're alive." he whispered.

He looked at Jaehwan's hand and clasped it around his before bringing it up to his face and he rested his head against the bed.

"I'm sorry..." another tear fell.

------------------

Jaehwan could hear a faint beeping noise in the dark.

Where am I?

The beeping was getting louder, clearer.

His eyes darted around in his eye lids until he slowly started to open them.

He saw a clean white ceiling with tiles that were connected to darker shaded walls. His eyes looked around and he realized he was in a hospital room.

What.....Happened?

He felt something on his hand and turned to see Taekwoon gripping his hand tightly, he could also hear quiet sobbing.

Is Leo......crying? "L-Leo...." he managed to speak but only in a whisper that was just loud enough for Taekwoon to hear.

Taekwoon raised his head slowly and saw a tired/ exhausted Jaehwan looking at him.

As soon as their eyes met, Taekwoon broke into tears.

"Ken....I'm so sorry" he cried, clutching onto Jaehwan's hand.

"For what?" Jaehwan asked confused.

"Ken......" Taekwoon sobbed. "I'll never leave you again, please, please forgive me, I'm so sorry"

Jaehwan looked even more confused, "Leo-hyung, what are you talking about?"

Taekwoon wrapped his arms around the younger and buried his face in the crook of his neck as his tears began to fall onto Jaehwan's skin.

"I love you Lee Jaehwan"