Chapter 20

Jaehwan treasured the time he and Taekwoon had left together before Taekwoon was to leave the group. Taekwoon was given a week to pack up and leave. For the first two days of that week, Jaehwan helped Taekwoon pack his bags. It may not be much but Jaehwan was glad he could at least help out instead of trying to fight it. After finding out about Taekwoon's departure, Jaehwan consistently met with their manager to persuade him to let Taekwoon stay. Alas, no matter how much Jaehwan protested, the answer was the same.

Taekwoon was to leave at the end of the week.

The days flew by all to quick. It was happening too fast. The closer it got to the departure date, the more Jaehwan protested. He even went as far to not eat, practice or sleep.  The leader, Hakyeon, noticed Jaehwan's change.

"Ken, stop it, you'll damage your body and mental health"

Hakyeon caught Jaehwan in his room after dinner as he noticed Jaehwan didn't eat anything and spoke sternly.

"If you continue to skip practice, Manager-nim will notice. I don't want another member gone Ken!"

Jaehwan stared blankly into Hakyeon's eyes. Jaehwan was slowly becoming numb. His body felt heavy, he barely had any strength to hold himself up, his hands found their way to the wall behind him and he pressed himself against it in order to balance himself.

There was silence as Jaehwan showed no sign of replying to Hakyeon's statement.

"What would you do if Leo found out you were doing this to yourself?"

Hakyeon asked, barely a whisper.

Jaehwan's eyes found their way to the ground by Hakyeon's feet.

Hakyeon sighed and brushed his hair back before making eye contact with Jaehwan once more.

"Ken, listen"

Jaehwan slowly lifted his head to face Hakyeon.

"I'm planning a going away party for Taekwoon."

Jaehwan's eyes widened in shock.

"A party?! Hyung, what are you thinking?" Jaehwan shouted. He raised his arms and pushed himself away from the wall. He started pacing up and down, hands reaching up to the back of his neck in frustration. His footsteps became louder with each pace, slowly getting worked up with each step. "He doesn't want to leave N!!!"

Hakyeon watched as he saw Jaehwan in distress. He never saw Jaehwan like this before. Jaehwan was always calm, collected, always had a smile on his face. Smiled like nothing was wrong, but that was changing. Jaehwan was falling apart. The cracks that were once covered by a huge grin and beautiful laughter, were surfacing. His eyes became watery as he tried so desperately to fight back the tears.

"Ken, calm down. Listen to me." Hakyeon walked over to Jaehwan cautiously and wrapped his arms around the boy. "Do you really want Leo to see you like this when he leaves?" he asked in a whisper.

Jaehwan stopped in his tracks when Hakyeon held him softly.  His body remained tense for a while before slowly relaxing his muscles. His arms flopped to his sides, and he leant back into Hakyeon's torso causing both of them to gently fall to the floor, Jaehwan in Hakyeon's lap.

Jaehwan was silent as tears fell from his eyes.

"Well? Or would you rather he saw you smiling?" Hakyeon asked.

Jaehwan shook his head.

"I.....don't want him to leave N....." Jaehwan sobbed.

"I know Ken.....I know. I don't either. But, it's out of our hands, it'll be okay" Hakyeon started to stroke Jaehwan's hair as he continued to silently cry. "Ssh Ssh now...".
Hakyeon started to rock Jaehwan in an attempt to calm him down. The boy was hurting bad. It was worse than occasional injuries during practice. Jaehwan rotated to face Hakyeon and placed his head on his chest.

"Ken......Look at me" Hakyeon whispered and cupped his hand under Jaehwan's chin.
Jaehwan lifted his head, last of the tears streaming down his face, the two of them stared at each other for a moment before Hakyeon started to lean forward and connected his lips with Jaehwan's.

Jaehwan's eyes widened as he suddenly felt the warmth of Hakyeon's lips on his.  Jaehwan became frozen for a moment, but long enough for Hakyeon to wrap his arms around Jaehwan's waist, bringing the two closer together.  Hakyeon's tongue was soft and gentle.

"H-Hyung" Jaehwan mumbled.
Hakyeon smiled and they parted lips before he then went towards Jaehwan's neck and started biting.
"Hyung! Stop!" Jaehwan pushed Hakyeon's chest. "Please".

"N! Ken! Where are you?" Wonshik called as he started to leave the kitchen after washing up.

Hakyeon stopped. Jaehwan had fresh tears forming, his breathing was fastening. 
"I won't hide my feelings anymore Ken. Besides with Leo leaving....." he smirked. "I might actually get a chance".
Hakyeon stood up, leaving Jaehwan dumbstruck on the floor,  before heading towards the kitchen.
Jaehwan was left on the floor, confused and tramatised. His first kiss....was with someone he didn't even love...The tears formed and fell again as he pulled himself into a ball.

Leo.....is leaving me. With N....
He thought to himself.

"Ken? You okay?"
Hongbin found Jaehwan sat in a ball in his room as he was passing by.
"Yeah.......I'm fine" Jaehwan smiled, wiped a tear away and stood up slowly. "I just...... I think I'm going to go to bed now".

Hongbin smiled which revealed his dimples.
"Okay, shout if you need anything. Night Ken".
Jaehwan shut the door after Hongbin and turned to face his bed before making his way over and sat on the edge.
Taekwoon was out for the day and wouldn't be back until 11pm - 12am. Jaehwan looked at his bedside clock, the numbers flashed 09:30pm. He sighed.

I guess I'll see Leo in the morning...
Jaehwan then changed into his sleepwear and tucked himself in, he tried not to think about Hakyeon and instead filled his thoughts with Taekwoon. But then..... what if Taekwoon found out about Hakyeon and him?  

01:00am.
Taekwoon entered the dorm as quietly as possible, he didn't think the meeting with the manager would take so long, but then again....lawsuits and undercover/ secret meetings must take a while...no media has heard about the news but it'll only be a matter of time and by then Taekwoon hoped to have the whole ordeal sorted, eventhough he hated it. He never even thought about leaving VIXX but now.....it's happening and becoming scarily real.
The whole time Taekwoon was in the meeting, he thought about Jaehwan.....

Upon entering the dorm, all the rooms were black, suggesting the members were all asleep. He smiled at the peaceful silence, although, usually Jaehwan and Sanghyuk were still awake watching Naruto or One Piece but tonight there was nothing. No laughter, no Japanese phrases, nothing.
Worried slightly, Taekwoon decided to check in on Jaehwan.

Jaehwan's bedroom door was shut firmly, but Taekwoon could hear his voice.
Curious, Taekwoon opened the door, ready to scold Jaehwan for still being awake this late.
Once the door was opened, Taekwoon saw Jaehwan's figure in the bed, supposedly sleeping. Smiling to himself, Taekwoon entered the room, leaving the door ajar and made his way towards the bed and sat on the side.

"You awake Kennie?" He asked.
To which he got no responce.
Guess he really is sleeping...
Taekwoon thought.

Instead of getting up and leaving, Taekwoon stayed a while longer and admired Jaehwan's sleeping appearance. His hair was spiking up all over the place and his face was peacefull.Taekwoon brushed Jaehwan's hair gently with his fingers, it was soft to the touch.  Taekwoon smiled again.

"Goodnight Ken" He whispered to his ear. "Saranghaeyo" He added before placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.