𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞: ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇꜱ

(text italics=flashback)
◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

"What the kids need is a mother"

Meanwhile, while Jack was trying to scape from the Lees, the Shelbys were having a family reunion at the private room of the Garrison.

John wanted to talk about a serious matter and what he just said, had left his relatives shook.

"What are you talking about?" Polly spoke while she blew out the smoke of a cigarette.

John swallowed his nerves down "I'm planning to marry again" He spoke in a very monotonous tone.

Thomas raised his eyebrows with his cigarette between his lips "There is a shell about to land and go bang" He murmured while he lit it.

"Does this poor girl know you're going to marry her or are you just gonna' spring it all on her all of a sudden?" Polly asked amused, making a fancy movement with her hand.

John fidgeted in his seat and nodded with his head, he could feel his brother's piercing glaze "I've already proposed and she said yes. I've known her for some time, I'll help her get a new life"

Thomas, who had remained silent until then, was leaning in the wall next to the door when he spoke.

"No" He said unemotional "You're not marrying Jack"

A gasp scaped Polly's mouth, Arthur chocked on the whiskey he was drinking and John just turned around in the chair to look at his brother.

"What? No-" John tried to explained.

"No, bloody no. The answer is no, you are not going to marry her" Thomas interrumpted his brother with a murderous voice.

"Would you shut up?" John exclaimed in a deep voice "I'm not marrying Jack" He chuckled when Arthur moved his hand to his chest, calming down "Arthur would have me balls in a sac if I ever get near her"

He pointed at John, glass in hand, smiling "You're bloody right, I'll do it" He drank the golden liquid from the glass "I'll fucking kill the bastard who comes near her" He said in a raspy voice

Thomas didn't say anything but he could see from the corner of his eye how his aunt sent him a subtle glanze.

"So, who's the girl?" Polly asked, breaking the silence.

John drank from his glass and cleared his throat "It's uhh it's Lizzie Stark" He said almost in a whisper.

A giggle scaped Arthur's throat, but he tried to repressed it shaking his head and covering his mouth with his hand. After a few seconds all of them were laughing.

Polly spoke laughing "John, Lizzie Stark is a strong woman and I'm sure she provides a fine service to her costumers-"

"I won't hear the word, understood?" John interrupted in a loud voice "Do not use that word"

"What word's that John?" Asked Thomas in a serious tone, he had his back against the wall and his arms crossed.

"You know what word it is " John hissed with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Everybody bloody knows" Arthur said between laughs.

"Everybody can go to hell"

Thomas scoffed and shugerred his shoulders "Whore? That word. Or prostitute, how 'bout that one?"

John sniffle and rubbed his face "If anyone calls her a whore again, I will push the barrel of my revolver down in their throat and blow that word back into their hearts" He hissed making Thomas smirk.