𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊: ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴꜱ

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

"Inspector Campbell"

"Hello Jack" He murmured "What a pleasure to finally meet you" A devilish smiled danced in his face.

"What do you want?" Jack squinted her eyes.

Campbell clicked his tongue while shaking his head "If I were you, Jack, I'll hide that pistol you're pointing me with" Jack didn't moved a bit "I'm not armed, neither have the intention to harm you"

Jack lowered her gun, but didn't hide it "I feel safer like this" Jack muttered "I'll ask again, what do you want?"

He took several steps, walking around the room, looking at every detail he could see. Jack followed him with her gaze. She was always very careful to hide anything that could reveal she was a woman. The irish had found that the perfect spot for hiding everything was under some loose planks of the floor, which were under her bed.

"You know, I'm a very curious man" He murmured looking to a saint Patrick wooden figure Jack kept in her nightstand, he turned it in his hand looking at the carved details "And you, Jack, have picked my curiosity" He placed the wooden figure back, without breaking his gaze from Jack.

"I'm afraid I'm hardly interesting, Mr. Campbell"

A bitter laugh left his throat "You see, that's were you are wrong" He looked at her, and then back at the room "Intrusion in a police operation, attack on a law enforcement officer" He made a pause "The murder of a police officer to get Arthur Shelby out of an official interrogation" He licked his lips "Not only that, you also attempted on the lives of several law enforcement officers in a routine search and you resisted the police force when they tried to arrest you"

"A routine search?" Jack spoke with a murderous voice "You were looting the houses of defenseless people in search of communists" She groaned "There are no more communists in Birmingham, they all fled when you and your dogs arrived "Jack spit.

"Contempt of a police officer, should I add that to the list?" He raised his eyebrows "Anyway, that's not why I'm here. I can't help but to be drawn towards the undeniable loyalty you have towards the Shelby family" He stopped in front of Jack, several steps away form her "I'm sure since you have such a close bond, you'll know a lot of information about the Shelbys"

Jack made a gesture of indifference "I sorry to disappoint you, but I really don't"

Campbell though a loud cackle "You know, that is exactly what Thomas Shelby answered about you in our reunion" The inspector could see how Jacks eyes darkened at the mention of the gangster "We talked about a lot of things including the missing weapons, which I know you had been involved" He send her a frigid gaze "Oddly enough, he responded every question I asked but you know what he said nothing about?"

Jack kept a impenetrable façade "No clue"

"You, Jack. He said nothing about you" He spoke slowly "He simply shook his head, and stated that he knew nothing about you"

"Doesn't surprise me. I know nothing 'bout them, he know nothing 'bout me-"

"The point is I don't believe that" He interrupted her "You've shown an unquestionable loyalty towards the Shelbys, you are included in family meetings and you are in every business meetings with them" He clenched his jaw "With all the due respect, don't you dare treat me like a fool-"

"With all the due respect I don't give a fuck" Roared Jack "I'm fucking tired of playing your bloody games Mr. Campbell. I'll ask again, why the fuck are you here?"