𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

9:43 THURSDAY, 13 HOURS BEFORE THE MEETING

She was standing in front of the mirror, which was on top of the wooden dresser.

She looked intensely in the mirror, hardly recognizing herself.

She carefully raised her delicate hand and ran it over her head, noticing her almost cropped hair.

Jack was waiting in an almost dark room, if it weren't for a yellow light fixture.

A persian-style rug was on the floor with red and green colours.

Apart from the carpet, the mirror and the dresser, that room had nothing else.

It was bland, simple, and boring, but it was the meeting point.

And there she had agreed to meet that man. It had been difficult for her to discover where he was hiding, but in the end a friend from the pub worked in a factory, where he had a friend who was friends with a communist.

She had convinced him to contact the man she was looking for.

"Who are you and why are you looking for me?" Jack looked through the reflection in the mirror at the man behind her.

She turned slowly to face him. "Fredie Thorne? I have a message from Ada"

Freddie's body language completely changed from being in a subtle almost attack mode to having a nice smile on his face.

"Ada? My Ada?"

Jack refrained from rolling her eyes at such a comment. 'No, Ada the fishmonger's daughter, you fucking idiot' but in the end she decided to save the comment, she didn't want a couple of comrades to throw her into the cut.

Jack nodded and proceeded to remove a folded piece of paper from her jacket pocket.

"Ada has something very important to tell you. Meet her that day, at that time."

Fredie took the paper that Jack offered him and looked at it cautiously. Then raised his eyes to look at Jack.

"How do I know it's not a trap? How do I know you're not doing this to catch me?"

Jack rolled her eyes. "You don't have to worry about anything. Ada's a good woman, I'm very fond of her. I'm not going to let you destroy her heart because of your political ideas." Fredie was staring at Jack. "Trust me, meet her that day. Don't ruin your lives for a simple nonsense. Oh and wear something fancy, it's an special occasion" Jack put her cap back on and turned to leave

As she was opening the door of the house she heard Fredie call her name.

Jack turned to look at him. "Thank you. Thank you for everything, comrade. And thank you for supporting our cause."

"I do not support your cause" Jack said looking at him, she turned to go out the door "I don't support any"

She said before leaving the house, leaving a confused Fredie in the middle of the room.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Jack waited outside of Charlie's Yard for Thomas to come out.

The gangster turned the corner holding the horse with his hand and came face-to-face with Jack.

Thomas stopped walking and looked Jack up and down.

His blue gaze traveled every inch of her body, trying to fixate on some detail that would uncover Jack's facade.

Well, maybe his gaze wandered over Jack's body for more seconds than necessary.