𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗: ᴀ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ

A female scream was heard. A scream coming from the room where Jack was.

Arthur and John turned their heads in the direction of the room where Jack was, to find Jack's girl very angry.

She was throwing insults and advancing in long steps towards the table where the Shelby brothers were.

"What the hell is wrong with your friend? Is he dumb or what? What an arsehole-" John interrupted her and ask her what had happened.

Meanwhile Arthur watched as Jack slipped out of the crowd to get out of the pub. The oldest of the Shelbys pushed the girl on his lap aside and left the bar in search of the Irish.

Arthur left the bar and looked around until he saw Jack leaning on a wall next to an alley.

The oldest of the Shelbys trotted toward her, he heard some laughter near him but ignored it.

He stopped when he was beside her.

Jack was against the wall, leaning forward with her hands on his knees, her head hanging.

"Oii ... Are you alright?" Arthur asked.

Jack nodded, stretched and leaned fully against the wall.

Arthur waited a few seconds. "What happened in there? The girl seemed to want to rip your head off." He giggled.

Jack didn't know what to answer. Telling Arthur that she was actually a woman and that she had knocked the girl to the ground to prevent her from discovering her, wasn't the best plan.

"Uhh-" Jack hesitated "There was a problem-"

Arthur sighed and gave Jack a friendly thump.

"Don't worry kid, that has happened to all of us once. Probably because of nerves" The adult said.

Jack was about to tell him he was wrong but she didn't, after all it was better that he thought that she "couldn't have an erection" than knowing the truth.

Jack nodded briefly "Could be... Maybe another day, it's probably the alcohol"

Arthur nodded in satisfaction "Gonna' continue the night as if this hadn't happened. John can take care of the girls on his own." Arthur and Jack laughed.

"Okay, let's get back to that whiskey." Jack said.

As the duo started walking back to the pub, they pass a group of men.

They started laughing when Jack passed by.

The big minger, who apparently was the leader of the group spoke.

"Look at the little boy who is afraid of woman." He giggled "Don't they teach you how to fuck in Ireland?" All the group exploded laughing.

Jack lowered her head and was about to start walking faster but Arthur grabbed her arm.

"The fuck you've said?" Asked Arthur in a growl.

The man was about to start walking to be in front of Arthur but one of his friends stopped him.

"James, he's one of the Peaky Blinders. Let it be." Said in low voice one of the man in the group.

"Be smart and listen to your friend." Arthur was holding up.

But the man, James, didn't listened to his friend and stood in front of Arthur.

"That paddy is scared of woman. He wouldn't be able to fuck a woman properly not even with a manual of instructions." He spit.

"Arthur, let's go. It doesn't matter. He's just a gobshite" Jack grabbed Arthur's arm and started walking again.

Before any of them could walk further, the man lurched towards Jack.

Arthur moved quickly and pushed the man away, making him stumbled.

He took his cap off in a swift and swing it in the man's face, blinding him.

The man shouted in agony "You fucking son of a bitch, I'm going to kill you." The man covered his face.

Jack stood there in shock. She could smell the blood dripping from the man's face.

Arthur lurched himself against the man, both of them falling to the floor.

The older of the Shelby got on top of the other man and started punching him over and over.

Again and again.

For Jack, everything was moving slow motion. She could watch Arthur's fist going up and down.

She could hear the crack of the man's skull breaking each time Arthur fist collided with the face.

Arthur continued pounding against the man's face until someone started screaming.

Arthur stoped. He removed his hair from his face and grabbed the man by the neck of the shirt.

"Next time you talk to him, next time you look at him... You won't live to see the next day." He shook the man a little "Got it?"

The barely alive man nodded slightly with his head.

While Arthur was having this conversation, Jack finally moved.

She walked to where Arthur had thrown his cap. She knelt down to pick it up.

She ran her fingers carefully over the blade. Jack felt the cold metal caress her skin.

"O'right" She heard Arthur said before he stood up.

Jack turned around to see him and gave him his cap.

Arthur smiled briefly as he took his cap.

Jack hesitated "You shouldn't have-" She was interrupted mid sentence.

"Nonsense. He was an idiot." He said "And nobody messes with a Blinder." He smiled.

And Jack sweared that that was kindliest smile she has ever seen.

The way Arthur's cheeks puckered when he smiled made him look docile and kind. He was nothing like the man who had been engaged in a fight a few moments ago.

Jack smiled back at Arthur.

"I owe you one." She said.

"That's rubbish. Let's go back to that whiskey, ei? I want to know if you can really tell which is Irish." Arthur smiled more.

Jack laughed "Of course I can fucking distinguish them. I could even if I had drank a gallon of beer."

Arthur just shook his head and put an arm around Jack shoulders before they started walking to enter the pub.

Even though Jack wouldn't say it out loud, in her mind she had just made a promise.

A promise with herself.

That she would protect Arthur.

Even if it'll cost her life.

What she didn't know, was that it will cost her so much more.