sixteen

the taekook couple had spent the rest of the day cuddling on the cramp hospital bed but neither of them minded wanting to be close and feel each other's warmth.

they had a small celebration dinner with the yoonmin couple in the hospital room who had just left to go home knowing they would want to spend time together after months of partly being seperated.

it was already evening, both already had showered and snuggled together in bed. the hospital again quiet with same sounds being heard - the small chatters from the hallways and the beeping of machines.

the only difference was taehyung was awake and wrapped around in his husband's hold, a small hum leaving his lips as he snuggled closer against the dominant male's chest.

"are you cold? do you want me to request for another blanket?" jungkook asks as he adjusts the thick cloth covering their bodies.

"m' okay... just want to stay close... cuddle..." taehyung murmured, the words making jungkook's hand to gently tighten around him.

"of course , baby." the blonde male says as he pressed a kiss on the top of the younger's head.

ever since taehyung had woken up, jungkook was inseparable to the brunette. the younger loved cuddles no doubt about that but the the blonde male would never let his husband out of his sight and always wanted him close. if anything, he had actually became more clingier and the younger was secretly loving it.

the two ended up chatting, jungkook telling him the things he had been doing mostly about work and the small renovations he had done to the house for their baby's arrival.

"do you remember when you first asked me out on a date?" the brunette asked after awhile, the blonde male humming as he lazily caressed his husband's clothed stomach.

"yeah, of course. i was so nervous but finally decided to grow some balls and talk to you..." jungkook replied with a sheepish grin evident on his face that made the brunette chuckle.

"i remembered you said 'i will make myself better to deserve you' and i trust you. you've shown me everyday that you've kept your word and i'm proud of you." the brunette says, wide eyes full of sincerity as he lovingly gazed at the the blonde male who was caught off guard off with his words, listening intently.

it was times like this when jungkook would feel vulnerable but blessed for having taehyung in his life. the younger would always acknowledge him, all his efforts and the little things.

he wouldn't be exaggerating if he said he was now only living for the brunette after he had met him - and now for their baby too.

he was an angel sent to him, his whole life flipped for the better when he came.

taehyung gave his life purpose. he had loved him despite seeing him at his worse.

"look how far we've come, thank you for holding on with me." the brunette softly murmured with a warm shy smile as he looked up at the blonde male.

jungkook's heart was beating loudly in chest, flashbacks of when they first met, to their first date, their first kiss, first time they made love, to the time they got married, to the time he had told him he was pregnant, the accident, the time he almost lost him up to the moment he woke up and now back safely in his arms.

what did he ever do to deserve him?

"thank you for coming into my life and making me a better man." jungkook murmured as he gently pressed his forehead against the other's own, their breaths fanning over one another as a smile forms on the brunette's lips.

"i love you." he murmurs before leaning in and captured the brunette's lips.

taehyung smiles into the kiss, pulling his husband closer wanting to feel him more. it's been awhile since they had shared a sweet, deep kiss.