Chapter Five>>

Wait for the dust to settle down around us, and stick to what we know, I think the air is finally safe to breathe again, to breathe again.. -Dreaming, Smallpools

________________________________________________________

Chapter Five //

My fingers flicked the radio volume to zero as I watched the moon rise higher and higher. 

"You okay?" Stiles asked lowly.

"Irritated but fine." He let a sigh slip through his thin pink lips.

"Jenna--."

A bitter chuckle escaped my lips. "Are we going to do this every time that we are alone?"

"Do what?"

"You know exactly what Stilinski. Don't be coy. It doesn't suit you." 

His hand rubbed down the length of his face. The phone in his lap rang interrupting the silence that was emerging between the two tense teens.

"Did you slow him down?" Stiles questioned into the phone.

Her reply was simple. "You could say that."

"Alright, we're headed to the station right now."

"Where's Scott?"

The buzzing noise in my head was getting louder, along with the stabbing pains rocketing through my fingers. A groan escaped my lips causing Stiles to pause and glance at me.

My gaze shifted upwards once more. The moon reflected like a pool of silver floating in the sky. The pressure filling my head exploded, my hands smacked down on the dashboard in front of me scaring the shit out of Stiles.

"Jenna? What's wrong? You've got to calm down." He shouted panicking.

A growl escaped my lips as my head swung towards him. "I am calm."

His expression was mixed with fear, worry, and wonder. He seemed to be surprised at something. My instincts were screaming inside me, wanting to burst out of this aluminum can.

Another snarl rumbled through my chest while I turned back to the window glancing at the passing trees. As if I was projecting my thoughts out loud Stiles commented. 

"Don't even think about it Jenna."

I pretended not to even acknowledge him. 

"Jenna." He warned. I let it go though.

"I'm sorry Stiles." With that I ripped the door open, springing out and into the woods.

"JENNA!" That was the last thing I heard before emerging myself deep into the woods.

Third Person >>

The moment Jenna launched herself out of the jeep Stiles went ballistic. He shoved the jeep onto the side of the road, slamming the door shut, and rushing to the edge of the trees.

"JENNA!" He yelled again, hoping that she would just spring back out. "JENNA!"

Stiles goes to yell again when his phone rings. "What?" He questioned really angry.

"Where are you?" 

"On the side of the road. Jenna just jumped out of the freaking jeep and into the woods. I have no idea where she went."

Derek sighed. "Listen Stiles, you aren't going to find her. If she's transitioning she's going to be running around, not staying in one place, and she can definitely hurt you."