You have got to be kidding me - Chapter 6

We walked through a couple of giant hallways that were pained from top to bottom in gold and silver decorations.

We walked into a hall and there was a load of mafia bosses just walking around and talking with each other. If this was any other day they would all be at each other's throats. The whole building would have been blown to pieces.

The four of us walk up to Christina and Jürgen Schmidt and thank them for letting us come after last years situation. "It's totally forgotten about don't you worry. It's our turn to say thank you to Caterina for volunteering for the dance auction" they smile and walk away to talk to the food table.

I look at mother and father and stared to grind my teeth "I volunteered to what now exactly" father took a glass of whisky from a waitress that had a tray and he gulped it back in one swing. "You mother and I thought after last years urm... performance, you could be one of the volunteers at the auction. I know what it sounds like so don't give me that look. You just stand up there and you will be auctioned on and whoever says the most money they will be your escort for the night, the money gets sent to different charities."

Christina and Jürgen Schmidt May be the most powerful people in Germany but they still have big hearts especially for a mafia leader.

I look at my father and speak through my teeth "are you kidding me" he shakes his head and hands my mother a glass of champagne. "Don't argue with me. Your doing it if you like it or not, it's the only way you can repay for what happened last year." He turns to my mother and says "come on Rosa I wanted to talk to Alexandra about her new car she said was designing" my mother slips her hand through his arm and they walk towards Alexandra.

I look at Natasha and she's trying not to laugh at me. "Don't. Say. Anything." I say waking towards the bar with her following me. "Two double whiskys please" I say to the bartender. He hands it back to me and I give one to Natasha. "Your going to need that for what's about to happen" she giggles. I throw the beautiful liquid to the back of my throat and walk up to the stage.

All of the eldest daughters lined up all smiling and cheery for what was about to happen. Me? I was scowling. One after another they went on stage and talked about things they like and what their favourite food was.

It was pathetic. They were smiling and laughing like it was normal. Mine turn came up and I climbed my way up the stairs and walked to the microphone. "Please introduce to yourself" the man said. "My name is Caterina De Luca and I personally think this is a bunch of bs but I like cars, drinks, violence and guns. Oh yeah and don't think if you disrespect me tonight I won't cut your tongue out" I say with a girly smile in my face and slightly bow out at the crowd.

The guy who was giving out the bids blinked a few times and said "you'd you like a staring bid?" I nod and said "1 mill" there was a slight shuffle and some few whispers came from the crowd until the man said "staring bid, one million."

A few awkward seconds later pass so I start to walk off until someone in the audience said "here"

"One million dollars, sold to uhh to the man in the back, going once...."

"2 mill" another voice says

"2 and a half million"  said another

"3 million" shouted a different man

"4 million" a man said

"10million" someone else says

The man with the microphone looks astonished and said "going once, going twice, 10million for Caterina De Luca. Who is the lucky man?" People start to look around and a man walks into eyesight, reaches his hand up and says "Ricardo Valentino"

The guy with the microphone says "we'll start this event off with all the winners first dance of the night."

You have got to be kidding me.

Why him?