Chapter 71: Surprise! Surprise!

Den's POV

"I love you Alyssa Caymo Valdez"

"Mahal na mahal din kita Dennise Michelle Garcia Lazaro-Valdez" I slightly slapped her because of her joke

"Valdez?! Agad-agad? You haven't even asked me yet to marry you!"

"Dun din naman punta natin e. You're soon to be Mrs. Valdez right?"

"Ofcourse babe, it's your surname I'll use. Only yours."

"I love you, mahal" then she gave me a peck on the lips. "Thank you for giving me a wonderful year with you. Mahal na mahal kita" then she kissed my forehead "I know you're tired, let's sleep for now, I know for sure we'll have a long day tomorrow" then she guided my head to rest on her arms

"I love you, babe. Thank you for loving me. Happy Anniversary" then I kissed her until we're lost for air "Good night po" and I kissed her again, a quick one.

"Goodnight my little firefly. Happy Anniversary again" she hugged me tighter and we both drifted to sleep.

Author's POV

A year has passed for Aly and Den. They've been together through each other's ups and downs. Though having their responsibilities as an individual, they still managed to have enough time to be together which made their relationship stronger. Alyssa, as the new president of the SC, and Dennise being ofcourse, the best and only libero of the team.

Aly won over Keifer because of the help from the ALE. They supported her throughout the campaign period, they made an event with the help of the former members of the council for Ly. She, herself played basketball with the WBT against the WVT and performed infront of almost all of the students of ADMU with the ALE. Her charm contributed a lot on her victory and now, she's been very busy because of this big role she's been playing for her University.

For the whole year, they had the usual fights every couple had. Ofcourse, all those little things they can argue about. Alyssa being this 'hot-cool-nerd' and Den being the 'prettiest-baby blue eyes' and not to mention 'jealous girlfriend', the gossips about them, their complicated relationship, the negative feedbacks they're getting everytime they'll post something about them being together and all the bashers who hated them for each other. The good thing about them is their maturity, they never let a day pass without fixing their problem. They'll have their random talks and their usual SunDATEs.

And as what you've read, it's their anniversary. One of the most special events on every couple's love story.

Flashback..

Den: Babe, san ba tayo pupunta? I know it's our anniversary and you wanted to surprise me, but please just give me a hint. You know how much I hate being clueless!

Nagger!

Aly: Basta! And besides, you're not the only one being clueless here. Even your teammates have no idea where we are heading. Kaya smile ka na please? I love you mahal! *then she gave Dennise a smack on the lips

Marge: Just relax Den, kami nga chill lang eh

Ella: Besh, just go with the flow. Anniversary niyo and we're heading to your celebration. Can you just sit there and let Aly do her thing?!

Jia: Ate Den, why don't you just sleep? Avoid stressing yourself.

Mich: Ikr! I know you wanted to be beautiful so please! Haha

Gretch: Matulog ka nalang Den. Hayaan mo na yang si Aly

Aly: Just sit back and relax babe. Surprise nga diba?