Unanswered

I was awoken from my slumber by the soothing sound of angels singing a soft tune. Sike. My ears bled through the piercing ceiling alarm. It wasn't all bad considering Haniel wasn't squishing me with his body weight.

Five days had passed since Haniel and I's midnight rendezvous. We told the others of our findings or rather I told them while Haniel stood beside me like a cold statue. They kept checking their 'cleansing' app to see if there were any developments. Safe to say that whoever kept us here was far too busy trying to beat Shakespeare in composing poems than helping us because the app still wouldn't open. One good did come out of our little adventure. Two actually: the book I found explained the meanings behind symbols. Also safe to say that there were all symbols except for ours. There were pages torn which meant that it was deliberate. Maybe they wanted us to figure it out ourselves? So many questions were still left unanswered, and it was giving me a headache. Which brings me to point number two: Haniel and I have kept our deal of five questions per night. Here's some of what I figured out so far:

Haniel Cassano, 19 years old, capricorn, currently majoring (or was majoring) in criminal justice (pretty ironic) while minoring in computer science, lived with his uncle in New York, loves horror movies, and once almost 'accidentally' ran over a child. I thought it was best not to indulge in that subject.

Getting out of bed and dismantling the much necessary 'pillow wall', considering how often Haniel rolls in his sleep, I walk over to his side and begin very gently caressing his cheek. Sike again. I threw a pillow at him. This was the only way to wake him up and the alarm wouldn't stop until both of us were up. He wakes up with a grunt "I'm up. I'm up." He raises his hands in defense in case I had another pillow.

"Good morning Lilith and Haniel. A great day awaits you both," echoes the ceiling. Well that was weird. The past few days have been 'Good morning Lilith and Haniel. Have a pleasant day.' This little switch up couldn't have been an accident. I glance at Haniel to see if he noticed, but he stood at the edge of the bed stretching his limbs before putting on a shirt. Ah yes my favorite part of our routine. Don't get me wrong, him and I haven't formed any type of relationship other than the usual banter during the day. I didn't trust him fully but maybe I was starting to? Ugh it was too early for this. I head to the bathroom with a yawn.

When I'm done, I open the bathroom door and step aside, already knowing what's going to happen. And as if it were perfectly timed, Haniel rushes into the bathroom. "Do you mind?" He pushes me out the door. "All yours." I reply and headed to the gym. Once I'm done with my warmups, Haniel walks in.

"I think there's gonna be a little surprise for us today." I hand him a pair of boxing bands. "What makes you think that?" He starts unwrapping them.

"Let's call it a hunch." I shrug. "You sure are wasting your five questions today." I wear a pair of boxing gloves, "you're already down two questions."

"Actually since they had nothing to do with you, they don't count." He replies coolly while securing his own glove.

"Worth a shot." Before he can reply, I throw a punch. He dodges it unfortunately.

"Why do I get the feeling that you want to avoid me asking questions? Are you backing out of our deal?" He throws a punch, but I block it.

"You do realize if I answer you'll actually be two questions down?" I reply with his arm still pushing against mine. Maybe I am avoiding his questions. I want to know more about him, but that didn't mean I want him to know more about me. Till now we've reached a surface level of personal information, and I don't want him to dig beneath it. Pulling me out of my thoughts, his leg sweeps beneath mine causing me to fall on my back. I know we had agreed to not hold back during kickboxing, and I was a strong woman who wanted to be treated fairly but ouch. I fall straight on my back and he puts his weight on me with no hesitation. Where's the goddamn pillow wall when I needone?