What the hell?

I desperately try to open my eyes but the pain of my throbbing head is too much to bear, so I just sit there, on the cold ceramic floor, completely unaware of my surroundings. Until I hear a familiar voice curse under his breath "fuck."  I slowly open my eyes although the dry blood covering my eyelid didn't make it easy. I finally speak, my voice static, "Noah, is that you?"

And there he was, my best friend, leaning against a white wall, breathing heavily while holding his head. He slowly looks up at me and says questionably. "Lilly?" I don't blame him for not recognizing because half of my face is covered in dried blood, and he probably had a concussion. I just nod because talking took too much effort. I massaged my neck because it felt as if it were on fire.

I look around me, taking in my surroundings. Other than Noah leaning against the wall, I don't recognize anything. This isn't my house. Where am I? Why am I bleeding? What the hell is happening?

I redirect my attention towards  Noah, but before I can ask him what is going on, a loud thud comes from the next room. I muster all the physical strength I have and stand up to inspect. On my way I help Noah up. Even though I'm 5'9 ,and he's only 6 ft, I groan as I pull him to his feet.

We head to the other room which appears to be a kitchen. Everything is white. Now that I think about it. Everything in the house is white. I cowardly approach the counter to see what or who is lurking behind it. When I get close enough, I'm attacked by empty plastic shakers. " Get the fuck away you creep. I already called the cops!" I recognize that feisty tone anywhere. It's Julie.

" Stop Julie, it's me Lilly!" She stops but only because she ran out of stuff to throw. She stares at me before her eyes slowly move to the figure leaning on my shoulder.  Her boyfriend Noah. They hold this intense gaze to the point where I feel like I'm third-wheeling. That's when I notice the head of curls resting on Julie's lap. Dani.

Almost as if she felt my stare, she lifts her head groaning, "how much did we drink last night?"

"We didn't drink," I reply.

"Weed?"

"No."

"Oxy? Shrooms?"

"No and no."

"Then what the hell is happening? And who the hell invited Ribera?"

"No clu- " I snap my neck to where Dani is staring and that's when I see him. Dark curly hair, tan skin, his favorite pink floyd hoodie tainted with blood. Suddenly the memories come flooding back. His arms around some girl. Both of them clearly drunk not even paying attention to me numbly staring at them. We weren't dating but it still hurt . Thankfully, I've learned to keep my emotions check, never letting anyone see them. His gaze is on Noah not even acknowledging my presence. "Noah what the hell is going on? Did we get fucked up or something?" He says in a raspy faded voice. "No clue buddy. We're all just as confused as you are" Noah tells him.

Fifteen minute later, after realizing that none of us has their phone, there are no windows, and the door is locked so we can't get out, we sit in a circle trying to remember anything about last night.

"Whose house even is this?" Julie says.

"It's so white. I wish we got kidnapped by someone with better taste." Dani wrinkles her nose. Even in the most serious of situations she found a way to joke about it. Most people found it irritating but I love that about her.

"Seriously? That's your concern? If you haven't noticed, we're in a fucking American Horror Story looking ass home, covered in blood and bruises, but no let's talk about the interior design!" Ribera snaps at her.

Dani never liked Ribera, and it was a safe guess to say he wasn't fond of her either. She kept telling me how he looked like an abortion gone wrong. Before she could respond to him with an even snarkier reply, the doorbell rings. We all exchange glances not sure how we should deal with it.

"It could be help."

"Or the person that fucking trapped us in here."

"Maybe it's pizza." I think we all know who gave that sarcastic response. While they were all debating, I head over to the door. The person that dragged us in here, beat us up, and left us in bruises can't be that dangerous since they were nice enough to ring the bell. 

"Lilly what the hell are you doing! Get back here!" Julie whispers as if the person didn't hear us argue about answering for the past 3 minutes. I ignore her and tilt the door knob. Surprisingly, it opens. As soon as I pull it, a stranger's body falls onto the ground. A tatted arm quickly shoves him inside before I could even react. The door is locked again. I feel frustration and confusion flood through my veins until I'm interrupted by a powerful green gaze. I look down at the boy, examining him, a skill my mom taught me to do whenever I met someone new. Hey that rhymed. Not the time Lilith Diana.

He looks slightly older than me. He has a few brownish freckles on his nose. His lips are rosy in a way. His hair apparently can't decide whether it's blonde or orange and whether it should be curly or wavy. Maybe it's the dried blood on the the side of his head that messed it up. He's clearly 6'4 if not taller. Slim but muscular. He has a tattoo on his forearm. I can tell it's inspired from a painting but I'm too tired to think of which one. His gaze is still on me and for some odd reason I see myself. It's the same gaze I give other people. Then it hits me. He's analyzing me.

After we're both done with the thorough inspection, he says those 5 words.

"What the hell is happening?"