Symbols 2

I'm downstairs when I hear noises coming from the kitchen. I grab a vase and slowly walk over there. If I had to punch my way out of here, I very much well. I see a woman, dressed like a 50s house wife, standing over a boiling pot. God it smelled good. I was hiding next to the door when my stomach blew my cover, grumbling like I haven't eaten in weeks. Her hand freezes and her neck rotates to my direction, almost robotic. She spots me and smiles, her blue eyes piercing through me. I let out a breath when her golden bangs curtained her eyes for a brief minute.

"Who the hell are you?" I said, tightening my grip around vase.

"You have such a foul mouth don't ya Lilith?" She responded in a rehearsed motherly voice.

"How do you know my name?"

"I've been assigned to take care of the house members and follow your orders." She replied. A hint of a southern accent?

"Assigned by who?" I asked, stepping closer.

She just smiled ignoring my question. "Lunch will be ready in five minutes."

"What's your name?"

"I don't have one." How could she smile for that long? I reach for her arm and confirm my doubts. Metallic. She's not human.

"How do I know you didn't poison the food?"

"Oh silly." She shook her head. Still smiling. "I ain't been assigned to hurt y'all."

Yet.

"Your mom?" I turn my head and see Haniel nodding towards her.

"Seriously?" I point at her. I mean other than the fact that she's not human, the woman was 'white as day.'

"Hey, I'm not one to make assumptions," he shrugs.

"She's our robo-maid."

"Cool, so what's for lunch Rye?"

Wow he didn't even care.

"Rye?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Does she have a name?"

"No."

"Then Rye it is."

I watch him move over to the pot, examining its contents. Suddenly a finger snaps in front of me. "Did you hear what I said?" Dani asks as Noah, Julie, and Ribera all stood by the door, afraid to come in.

"Sorry what?"

"Who the hell is that?" She pointed to Rye. She's still fucking smiling.

"I'm Rye." I catch Haniel smirking. "I'll be taking care of y'all during your stay here."

"Well butter my biscuits, ain't that a treat?" Dani lays the accent on thick. "Tell me sweetie what you gon and prepared for supper 'cause I'm so hungry I could eat a whole goddamn cow." She continued. I let out a small laugh and shook my head.

"I made y'all some good ol' beef stew. A recipe I learned from my momma," she replies, still smiling of course. "You guys go ahead and make yourself comfortable I'll get everything ready faster than-"

"Ok we'll get going." I interrupt. Her accent was starting to give me a headache. We all head out of the kitchen when suddenly Haniel places his hand on my lower back and whispers in my ear "3605. Two faced."

I look up at him in confusion, but he just walks away. We all sit at the table, Dani on my right and Haniel on my left.

"He gives off kind of an Italian Mafia vibe ya reckon." Dani whispers. I bite down a laugh. Soon enough, Rye came with the food.We ate. I'm pretty sure someone moaned at one point. The food was that good.