16 - A visitor

When we went to school the next day, we had someone waiting for us. We told our teacher that we weren't expecting any visitors and when he showed us, we had no idea who it was. We were put in the teacher's office with the visitor and she was asking us if we knew where Alice's dad was. Alice said, "He went to work this morning and I don't know where he is at the moment I thought he would still be at work." The lady looked at us then asked to talk to Alice in private so I left Alice to go and find Samantha.

Alice's POV

It turns out that the lady was my dad's boss Elizabeth. She said that my dad didn't come to work today and then I told her that he said he had a very important job to do and that he won't be back till late and I also told her that I didn't know where he was going, and he didn't say where he was going. Obviously, I didn't tell her the truth about him going into the other side of the woods where he was doing an unnamed experiment that would make us rich and less fearful of the world around us. I didn't know anything else about it though, but he did say not to mention it to anybody, so I didn't.

Maddy's POV

When we got to my house, we could smell a scent. It was the same scent as the one in school when the lady came to ask about John. I ran inside and faced her. "What are you doing in my house, we don't know where John is and my parents don't even have anything to do with it." My parents looked at me, "How do you know Elizabeth?" I saw Samantha and Alice coming in and Samantha was wolfing out and Alice looked scared. "She came into school and asked me and Alice if we knew where John was and we said we didn't know where he was." I explained. My parents looked at me and then at Elizabeth. Then Elizabeth spoke. "This morning when I went to check if John was in, I didn't see him but I did see a paperwork which had some stuff written on it about 'Cerberus' and they were filled with experiment details and it was written on it 'No more lies' and had a small picture of the tubes on it that Alice had found." When she stopped talking, Alice was near to tears. " He said he was going to a safe place where he could work out how to destroy those tubes. He isn't going to do any harm." I looked at Elizabeth and growled at her. Samantha and my mam and dad joined in with me. Elizabeth however was having enough of it. She ran out and after a minute she came back in.

Alice's POV

I couldn't hold onto the truth any longer. I told her the truth because when she came back in, she came in with a big piece of wood. She took my hand and said, "If you don't tell me the truth, I will hit you on your palm with this piece of wood. And I said it just like that. "He is somewhere on the other side of the woods and he is working on a project that will hopefully save the world's fers and make us rich and that is all I know." Then she let go and she called her staff to go to the other side of the woods. Then I left crying.

Maddy's POV

"What do think she meant bysaving the world from our fears. You don't think this is about us do you?" Everyone looked at my dad who had just spoken and laughed. "Alice would tell us if we were in danger and we aren't so there is no need to worry." My dad looked relieved. We weren't in trouble. At least for the moment.