10 -The phone call

Maddy's POV

That was a phone call I had not been expecting. I did kind of recognise the number but I just couln't remember who it was since my parents deleted all the phone numbers in my phone. So it started like this, "Hello, who is this?" a few seconds later I got my reply. "It's me Rhydian. I have phoned to see if you have settled in to Canada and to also tell you that as soon as school is out, I am planninng to come to Canada if your parents will have me." I replied when I could get a word in, "It is so nice to hear from you and I am sure you would be welcome here, after all we are your pack. But I will check just in case. Hope you are alright." Rhydian replied, "We all miss you, escpecially me and Jana has come back because she was shot and Liam found out and told Mr. J and i met my father and... Sorry I have to go. Bye." and he hung up just like that. I did feel quite offended but he was probably busy. "Who was that?" asked Samantha looking very curious. "Rhydian, he's a friend. He said he plans to come here when school is out." I explained as we walked back home.

When I got home my parents were waiting to talk to me about where I had been all day. They told me off for not going to work experience and going somewhere without telling them. "How did you find out?" I asked. My mam replied, "We used eolas to see where you were going." I felt defeated. I told them i was sorry and that it would never happen again. Then i told them that Rhydian called and told them he was planning to come here. "He is welcome to come and live with us as long as you bothh have someplace where you can work and earn money for a living." I didn't think Rhydian would like this answer but i agreed that we would.

I was in my room trying to phone Rhydian.He picked up by the second ring. "Hi Rhydian." i said his name as it was the sweetest thing in the world. "Hello Maddy, did you ask about me coming round to Canada?" "Yes, my parents agreed that you can come but you have to have a job when you do settle here." I wondered if he will think about not coming to Canada. "Ok I am sure i can manage just as long as you are there as well, I love you Maddy and I really miss you so much." This went straight into my heart where i would treasure those words. " I love you too and i hope to see you soon." I replied and then ended the call. If I heard anything else coming from his mouth then i would start to cry. Then I sleepily went straight to bed.