20 - The escape

"Um... No one told me... I just... just guessed it... it might help?" I was stuck on finding an explanation in that moment and i couldn't think of a way to protect Alice. But just then Alice walked out of the room i had just walked outof a few seconds ago. She then took a step in front of me so I was hiding behind her.

"Dad I helped her find the antidote." I could see that she was tensed up and her hands turned into fists by her side the anger boiling through her, giving her the confidence to talk to her dad like this and stand up to him.

"Why are you helping them?" John asked laughing. "We can be rich with what we are doing now Alice. When the world knows what we have done and how we have protected them, we will become so famous. Think about it Alice."

Alice replied straightaway "Maddy and Samantha are my friends dad and I will not do anything to hurt them. They are the only true friends I have and you are not using them for some kind of science experiment! They are not yours. They are human beings with special abilities that we don't have and they could help us, protect us, but if you take away their abilities, they will become a threat to us! They will want us gone and I wouldn't blame them!you are taking away a huge part of their life by doing this and I won't let you have your way."

"It's not your choice Alice and anyway, its too late and you can't do anything about it." John looked between us smiling contently. "Your friend here, is going to make us rich and she will be too weak to stop it." Just then, I saw the injection in his hands.

..............

I saw mum then. She was stood in the doorway of the room she was in and she came out and leaped on top of John from behind him. Just as the needle reached my arm, he suddenly dropped to the floor unable to balance from the surprise attack from behind him.

Mum had him on the floor with his head held to the floor with one of her hands the other one had a hold on the wrists of both his hands. "You won't be so rich if nothing gets out though will you? You are staying here and this is where you will stay. Maddy pass me the ropes."

I passed her the rope and watched her as she tied his hand together. I then threw her another rope and she tied his legs together. She then got off him and came over to where we were standing. "Sorry, I had to do that otherwise Maddy could have been put to a deep sleep. I know he s your father and he won't be harmed but I needed time and if you want, you can stay with him but the help is appreciated."

"Don't worry, i want to help you escape, lets go!" Alice replied.

We all headed outside and we all met up with Elizabeth, mine and Samantha's dad. They were hiding in a bush nearby and they seemed to have fought the men stood by the door and they were lying down all around the place on the floor where they had been defeated. "Nobody can defeat us, even if they have our wolfblood powers, they don't know how to use it properly and safely. In a way, that was good because we were getting weaker by the second."

"Well with the help of Alice, we found the antidote. Do you remember the the thing that Alice drank?" 

"Yes, it turned her back into a  human after she turned into a wolfblood right?"

"Yes and we found the one that reverses that and turns you into a wolfblood and we are hoping it will work on us." We could hear sirens in the distance. 

"I called the police to take them, we should hurry and get it done before they arrive." With that we took it in turns to drink the antidote that would turn us back to humans. Just as dad finished the antidote and threw it away, the police cars arrived. We showed them to everyone and they were all taken into the police cars.

I could see my veins, turned a greyish - black colour and I felt a tingle as the pull of the moon got stronger. We had to be out of the sight of the police fast, before they saw us. The police turned and faced us. "Can you come to the police station to explain what happened exactly," one of them asked.

"Sorry we can't, we have to go." The police dint seem to like our answer.

"The sooner it is done, the better." The officer replied. Then we heard a noise coming from the back of one of the police cars. When the officer turned to look at what was going on, we took the opportunity to run. We ran in to the woods leaving Alice behind to deal with the police officer because she couldn't run fast enough. 

That night we transformed in the woods and it reminded me of the times back in Stoneybridge with Rhydian.

...........................................................................

5 weeks later...

"Mum, dad, I'm going now!" I called out to my parents.

"Are you sure you don't want us to come, it is a long way, dad and I could drive you there."

"No mum, you stay here I'll be fine, I promise."

"Okay, if you insist." They both came up to me and kissed me on the forehead before I got out the door. 

Rhydian was coming today and i wanted to meet him by the mountains and bring him home. He was going to be part of our pack again and I couldn't wait to have him around again. I did miss Shannon and Tom though, but I would go and meet them sometime in the future.

It was a long walk to the mountains, but I got there safely. I sniffed the air. There was a faint scent of him. I followed it and then I heard a howl. I howled back and then I saw him. I transformed and ran up to him. We turned back into humans and we hugged. I felt the teas falling down my face as I breathed in his familiar scent. "I missed you Rhydian."

"I missed you too Maddy." He was smiling. I kissed him and he kissed back. I missed him so much. "I told you I would come and find you." I giggled, grabbing his hands and running down the mountain and back home.

..................................................

A/N that is the end. Hope you enjoyed it. I appreciate all the reads and votes this story has got and I might do a sequel, if you want a sequel, please tell me. Thank you all, I love you all sosooooo much!!!!!!!!!!