memories

~Potters Cottage, the kitchen~

~10:06 am~

"JAMES!"

"WHAT!?"

"HURRY UP AND GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE. I WANT TO SEE REMUS AND LILY BEFORE THEY GO TO THE PREFECT COMPARTMENT!"

"Isabel Potter, do not use that kind of language in my house!"

"Sorry, mum." Isabel smiled innocently at her mother. She didn't usually swear but inevitably being around Remus John Lupin had clearly effected her language. Silly Swearwolf.

At the mention of Lily, Isabel could hear James stumbling down the stairs followed by a loud thud: "OW!"

Isabel walked out of the kitchen to find her brother collapsed at the bottom of the stairs in a heap.

"Bloody stairs." He mutters.

"JAMES POTTER!"

Swearwolf must have effected both Potter siblings. Effie taught them better than that.

"Sorry, mother!" he shouted to his mother before turning to his sister, "She has hearing like a bat." he whispered as she laughed at him.

"I heard that, James!"

James looked at Isabel with fear in his eyes while she kept laughing at him, holding her stomach.

He got up and grabbed her wrist, pulling her up the stairs into his bedroom which was surprisingly clean despite a few clothes thrown askew on the floor next to his red converse trainers. It had red and gold banners, Gryffindor posters, Quidditch posters and posters of their favourite muggle bands: Queen, The Beatles and Fleetwood Mac.

But there was one wall which was covered in photos and polaroids throughout the years, mainly from Hogwarts: Quidditch, Gryffindor parties, Hogsmede. All of them just being themselves and having fun together.

Isabel walked over to the photos where one particular photo caught her interest which was the biggest one of all, placed right in the middle of the wall.

Isabel hasn't seen that one before. He must have taken it last year.

Pictured was Isabel, Marlene, Lily, Mary and the Marauders all in the common room dancing and singing.

Sat on the comfy Gryffindor couch, Isabel was smiling at Marlene who was dancing and singing to The Beatles record with Mary.

"I saw her standing there"

One of Marlene's favourites which she made sure everyone knew.

Sat next to Isabel, Lily watched the boys dancing with each other and laughed at the two girls as well.