queen

~Gryffindor Tower, Girl's dorms~

Isabel continued to stay in her dorm, laying on her bed, that was located next to a window overlooking the forest. She loved looking over at the forest or up at the stars that shone above her when she couldn't sleep. She didn't realise that nearly two hours had passed.

Deciding to be comfortable, Isabel was dressed in her oversized Beatles shirt and some shorts.

A particular habit Isabel had picked up from Lily was using a mug invention called a pencil to make notes or underline her favourite parts from books. Lily gave her a spare pencil  as she became more and more interested in muggles. Isabel's interest of muggle culture grew thanks to Lily Evans. She'd teach her all sorts of things about the muggle world and in return Isabel would teach Lily the parts school wouldn't teach about witches and wizards. Isabel's favourite parts to learn being their literature and music. 

Her favourite muggle item was, and would always be, the record player. She owned one at home but was unable to bring it with her to Hogwarts. Luckily, for Christmas Lily, Mary and Marlene chipped in to buy her a beautiful red record player as a present during their second year and the Marauders gifted Isabel her favourite albums to play on the record player, mainly The Beatles, Queen and Fleetwood Mac.

Isabel loved to either sketch or write little notes about the book or memorable moments she'd find herself wanting to re-read; she loved to return to her favourite books to remember what was on her mind while she was reading them.

After a few minutes of Isabel scribbling down her thoughts next to a small paragraph, she heard sudden musical notes from the common room.

Isabel thought nothing of this until Marlene interrupted her minutes later.

She came into their dorm which they shared with Lily, Alice and Mary, stumbling over her own two feet.

"Come on, Iz!" she huffed while pulling her friend off her bed by her arm, tugging her towards the door.

Isabel clutched the book under her arm as Marlene dragged her away from their dorm room.

Isabel blew a piece of hair that fell into her face before gently tucking it behind her ear along with a pencil.

"Where is that music coming from, Marls? Or rather: who?" Isabel asked the blonde girl, even though she could probably guess who. Marlene kept a tight hold of her wrist.

"The boys decided to have some fun so James stole one of your records to play. Now we are all dancing to it and we want you to join us." She explained, simply.

Isabel rolled her eyes and wrinkled her nose at the thought of her brother stealing some of her records again, hoping he wouldn't break them like he did her John Lennon record. Feeling extremely guilty, he apologised profusely and swiftly replaced it.