Chapter 24

He caught me staring at their hands interwined with each other. He slapped her hands away. I looked up at him as I crossed my arms over my chest stepping closer to him. "Look Jimin--"

"You have something to tell?"

"Yes, yes I do"

He signalled Sooyoung to go inside. 

"Why were you holding hands with her?"

"I need your help man. I am in a huge maze, I fought with Cho-hee and moved to the dorms and now I see Sooyoung almost everyday, I developed feelings for her too. I love both of them, I just don't know what to do"

"How could you ever do this to her? have you seen her for the past few days? What makes you think that Sooyoung is a nice person? She was my ex and trust me, she is not a good person"

"I don't want to meet Cho-hee because if I do, I feel worse, I am already confused and frustrated, My guilt is only going to increase if I meet her. About Sooyoung, she seems pretty nice to me so.."

"Do you even know what condition she is in? she is---" I sighed deeply, "Never mind. Let me know when you're done with your decision. Cho-hee just keep her in mind every time Sooyoung is in front of you" I turned around as I said that. I began walking when I suddenly heard  him yell

"Do you think I love being in the maze too? It hurts more than anything. I love both of them, I feel guilty when I see Cho-hee, I feel worse when I see Sooyoung. Cho-hee is always there in my mind every time I hear Sooyoung speak, her image flashes in my head"

After he was done speaking I began walking without retrieving my steps. 

I reached at Cho-hee's. I rang the doorbell, "Who is it?" she yelled from inside the house. "Yah Kimchi, this is Jimin. Open the door" 

"Just put the damn password, you know the combination" "No I don't"

"Then go away, I can't walk till there"

"Yah! Open the door"

I heard the door creak open slowly. But I did not see her, "You might want to look down" I heard her say as I looked down at her. "Did you grow short or something?" "Shut up" she said as she opened the door wide. I ruffled her hair messing up her bangs as I stepped my foot inside the house. 

I sat on the couch as I saw her walk upstairs and jump onto the bed. "I want to talk about today morning"

"I don't" She said in a sleepy tone making me chuckle.

"I met Hobi today" As soon as I said that she sat up on the bed and looked at me with heavy eyes. "Don't even get me started with that jerk" she said in an annoyed tone.

"So... you want to know what he said?"

"No, I don't. I am better off without him"

"I know you don't mean that"

"Whatever" she yelled as she went back to her usual think. 

"I will be staying here tonight" 

"No you're not"

"Yes I am"

"Whatever" she said as I heard her snoring lightly. Did she go to sleep already?

I went upstairs and looked at her sleep. She is burning up. I placed a wet towel on her forehead. I decided to clean the entire house because it looked like a mess. After I cleaned up I went towards the washroom to wash my face and hands.

I got Goosebumps as I looked at the sink. There were traces of blood in the sink. What happened here? did she kill someone? I suddenly heard her cough from upstairs. "You ok?" She continuosly coughed. I heard her footsteps approach.

She coughed up blood in the sink. My heart froze as I saw it. I rubbed her back gently. I got a cloth from the wardrobe. She wiped her mouth with it. She fell on me after she wiped her mouth. I helped her stand. 

"No it's ok, I can walk from here" she said as she took small steps towards the staircase. I helped her walk to her bed. "Do you always cough like this?"

"Yeah I have this allergy which frequently occurs at night"

She said as she coughed gently. "Can you grab the medicine from my drawer?" "Sure" 

I said as I gave her a medicine from the drawer. I put a blanket above her as she drifted off to sleep. I sat on the couch as I put a blanket over me too. 

== 2 am==

I woke to the sound of someone cooing. I turned on the light to see who it was. Cho-hee held onto the blanket for her dear life. "shhh It's ok" I said as I caressed her hair. I rummaged through the drawers to get her medicine.

I took water from downstairs. "cho-hee, wake up" I said as I pat her head. I took another cloth and wet it so I could place it on her forehead. I helped her get up as she ate the medicine that I gave her. 

"Feeling good?" I noticed tears slipping down from her cheeks as she gripped tightly on the glass of water. 

"What happened?" she didn't respond to me and continued sobbing slowly. "Apha" she said slowly she sniffled.

"Is it your throat?"

"Everything hurts. It's not just my throat, my heart, my mind, my body, everything hurts"

"Just go back to sleep" I said as I helped her lie down and pulled the blanket over her. She quickly drifted off to sleep.

I pushed her bangs away from her forehead and caressed her cheeks with my thumb. I moved my head closer to her forehead to place a kiss on her forehead but I suddenly snapped out of it as I realized what I was about to do. 

I slapped myself out of it. In order to keep me from doing anything foolish I quickly went to the couch and no matter how much I tried I could not keep my eyes of her. 

I placed my palm on my chin as I watched her for hours until I slowly drifted off to sleep.

== next day ==

I saw Sooyoung standing outside the building. I came here early on purpose. I stood next to her, as I shoved my hands into my pockets. "She spared a glance at me" I looked at her as I locked eyes with her. 

"Sooyoungshi, let's get back together"

"Dae?" she said as a scoff escaped her mouth.

"I said, I still like you and want to get back together"

"You think I am a fool?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"You were the one who broke up with me, plus I don't like you"

"You weren't after my love anyways, What you needed was something else. So why not come back to me and leave him alone"

"As tempting as that sounds, No!"

"Why?"

She stepped closer to me as I did not back away from her and stood in my same position. 

"You like her don't you?"

"Who?"

"That bitch, his girlfriend, what was her name? Cho-hee? you're taking me back just to cover up for her"

My eyes fell on Hobi who saw the both of us talking together. I held the back of her neck and pulled her into a sudden kiss. This isn't because I like her, she is right, I am doing this for her happiness. Even if I have to loose everything, I need to get them back together. Even this very moment. I am not kissing her because I like her. I am doing this for Cho-hee. I think... I like her...a lot.