Chapter 30

Few years back

   "Halmoeni catch me if you can" the child went running to the basement followed by her grandmother.

"Cho-hee, darling don't go to the basement it is dangerous" she said following the kid.

As she reached the basement she saw a woman holding something in her hand with her back facing the old woman.

"What are you doing here" she yelled in a loud voice making the woman flinch. She turned her face to the old woman.

"E-eomma, I was just--" before she could complete her sentence she turned and saw the knife on the table behind her.

"What are you doing with this?" she asked lifting up the rusted knife.

"It was you wasn't it?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"The person who tried to kill me that night. The night I had fight with him"

The old woman gave a smirk to her. "You don't want your kids anyways. Then why waste your hideous life. I know where you came from. You are dirty, used and not fit to be my son's wife. He liked you so much that I had to give up and let him marry you"

"I am not dirty. I am not used. My father was a phsyco. He tortured me my entire life and you can not blame me for that. However your son is different. He healed me, gave me back my life"

"Whom are you trying to fool, You were thrown on the road like a piece of garbage" 

The woman could not take it anymore she grabbed the knife and stabbed it into her stomach making her gasp. Little did she know that the little girl was hiding and watching all this happen. 

== present ==

"Your ratted me out that day and I got into trouble. Your father did not talk to me for three whole years. He wasn't ready to forgive me. But her words cut through me sharper than a knife. He doesn't know how much she tortured me"

"That's why you hate me?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"You do not know, None of you know how much I have suffered. You do not know what happened to me. It all came back to me that day when she said those things to me"

I held my tears in. I did not know any of her back story but I always knew that she never was a villain, she was just broken, broken into pieces, which could only be healed by true love. Which was my father. 

Even if she hated us, she smiled when she was not ok. She hugged us when she wanted to kill herself. She never showed anything to us. I could hear her sobs every night. Dad was there to comfort her. 

"You don't deserve your father's love. You never deserved that man. I wished my world was just filled with the two of us"

"Eomma, Saranghae" I said as I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine.

Tears slipped down to her cheeks.

"I am sorry for what you had to face but I also pray that you regret what you have done" 

I turned around from my seat and opened the door. I walked towards the exit and saw Hobi leaning on his car. He waved to me and gestured me to come to him. I took in a deep breath and walked towards him with steady steps.

I wanted to hold in my tears but I couldn't I burst into tears as I walked towards him. My mother, she was a brave woman. It was just her broken heart which resulted in her cruel action. He came running towards me. 

He did not say a word but pulled me into firm tight hug. The hug which made me feel nice, warm. The hug which comforts me. I hugged him back and cried, cried like I never have. The tears I held in for so long, they all came out today.