Chapter 8

Jade pulled into Mr. Barters driveway. Rick was already there in Bills police car. Jade held her gun on her side. She knocked on Rick's window. Rick rolled it down.
"Hey. Where's my truck?" Rick joked.

"Sorry, Rick. It's at my place." Jade frowned.

"Okay back up." Rick opened the car door.

"I'll go inside first." Jade kicked open the door.

"Is anyone here?! Sylvia?! It's Bow!" Rick hollered.

There was a loud weeping sound coming from the tower part if the house. Rick ran upstairs. Jade followed him. Sylvia was walking on a thin plank that led to the other side of the room. She tried to balance her weight. The plank was weak in the center. Sylvia was about to step there.
"Sylvia No! Wait! You'll fall!" Rick screamed.

"Jakob is over there!" Sylvia hollered back.

"I'll get him... Calm down, Sylvia." Rick sighed.

"He's calling my name." Sylvia stepped on the center of the board.

Sylvia looked at Rick, tears in her eyes. The board creaked.
"Goodbye old friend. They got me." Sylvia fell.
When she fell, a loud crack sounded when she hit the floor.
Jade held Ricks shoulder. He shoved her away.
"She... She's gone!" Rick punched the wall.

Jade called an ambulance. Hours later, the hospital confirmed Sylvia's death. Rick was devastated.

Jade went to the other side of the tower.There was a whole bunch of junk over there. There was a whimper.
"Hello? Jakob? Is that you?" Jade asked.
The whimpering turned into crucial laughter. Jade backed up a bit.
"Not anymore...." A hideous voice replied.
Boxes flew everywhere, knocking Jade off her feet.
"Jakob?! Stop it!" Jade screamed.

Police officers trudged up the stairs to the tower.
"Ma'am are you alright?" The boxes stopped.

"Help me!" Jade hugged her knees.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" The 1st police officer was Bill.

"I heard voices and then boxes flew around me. It sounded like Jakob Barter. The man who went missing." Jade curled up in a ball.

"Jade? Did you sat Mr. Barter went missing?" Bill asked.

"Yes, sir. He's been missing since yesterday." Jade replied.

"Is there a search on him?" Bill frowned.

"No, sir.. Just us. We got a distress call from an anonymous man. It was Mr. Barter. We came her like he said, heard a scream, and searched the place top to bottom. Nobody was here." Jade explained.

"Okay? So where is he?" Bill threw up his hands.

"Sylvia said he was up here. I heard his voice. But where is he? I don't know." Jade said.

"Guys. I want a everyone here to search this place top to bottom. Pronto!" Bill ordered.

"Bill? Who do you think you are? Your not supposed to order people around. Your not the sheriff in these parts." A cop complained.

"I know. But the sheriff ain't here is he? He's at the office isn't he? Exactly. I just told you the same thing he would." Bill rolled his eyes.