Ch. 9 Lunch

Rose's POV

When we get to the cafeteria mostly everyone is already there, eating or getting their food. Tables are already filled with kids, everyone in their own friend groups. After we get our food, we walk over to our usual seats and start eating. "So Rose, are you going to tell us why you were really late to English?" Sonny asks. Arebella's ears perk up, as she obviously wants an answer too. I freeze. Crap I totally forgot about telling him, " Erm, I was walking you see and then all my books kind of fell." I say trying to make up a lie instantly, which let me tell you is harder than it looks. Sonny looks at me unimpressed with my fib, but dropped the topic nonetheless. "So about tonight, we will meet at 5ish?" Arebella says. "Um, yeah do y'all want me to order anything?" I ask thinking about my favorite Chinese take out restaurant. "Why Rose, would you happen to be thinking about Panda Express?" Sonny asks resting his chin on his hand. I blush at how easy I am to read "Maybe..." I respond. He chuckles and takes a bite out of his apple. "Yeah, we can do that I'm kind of in the mood for Chinese anyway.

For the rest of the lunch period we just talk about the plans for tonight and settle for a Disney Movie Marathon after watching The Maze Runner. While we are talking I glance over to the popular table - which I usually don't do- and see Danny quickly move his eyes away as he was staring at me. Quickly my face is flushed and I get butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Wait what the actual frick, I don't get butterflies. I look back over at him and for the second time today study his facial features. The way his deep chocolate brown eyes melt anyone who makes eye contact with them. His thick brown hair that falls softly over his face, and of course the way he smiles when he laughs. I look back up at his eyes and see that they are fixated with mine. I try to look away but I can't, it feels like we are the only two people in the room. The butterflies in my stomach are doing flips and before I can understand what is going on, one of his friends asks him something and his eyes are pulled away from mine. Too soon of course.

The bell rings signaling lunch break is over and people start to get up and throw away their food. I slowly get up and throw my garbage away as I comprehend what just happened. I can still feel the stirring in my stomach and to be honest I don't want it to end. Yes, I have noticed him before but thought nothing of it because obviously he was not interested, but this, this gave me hope. I just really hope it doesn't come back around to bit me in the ass. Arebella says something that I unknowingly nod to and pray I didn't just agree to something I will regret, but luck has not been on my side lately so who knows what will happen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay so guys I'm gonna be completely honest, this story is about someone and it was kind of like a "day dream" or whatever you wanna call it but I just found out that it will never happen because the guy this is about is moving. I'm completely heart broken so sorry if this kind of sucks. xx
Ava