Ch. 1 Home Sweet Home

^That's a picture of Rose

Rose's POV

It was basically a normal day I woke up and was already regretting it. Sadly it was a Monday so it wasn't like the weekend was anywhere close to being here. I hate Mondays. Actually scratch that I hate school. It's not like I get bullied or anything I have friends... okay maybe like 2 but that's not the point. People in general just kind of annoy me. I looked at the clock and almost fell out of bed; 5:00 well great looks like I'm already having an amazing week (hint the sarcasm.) I slowly get out of bed and drudge to my bathroom to get ready since I'm not going to be able to fall back asleep. I brush my teeth to get rid of morning mouth and then hop in the shower. Since I don't really need to have a nice relaxing shower, I quickly turn on the water. Hot water comes pouring out and burns my back. "Frick!" I scream to myself as I jump out of the way of the rushing water, but the entire neighborhood probably heard me. I slowly reach for the knobs to adjust the water and put it at a suitable temperature. I scrub mango shampoo into my hair and wash out all the grease and stuff. I wash my body and shave and all that feminine stuff and finally get out drying off. I quickly glance at the clock and realize it says 6:00. Wow I was in there longer than I thought. Wrapping my towel around me, I walk up to my blow dryer and slowly start to dry my hair. After that's done I put it in a messy bun to deal with later. As I walk to my closet I can hear my brother Asher rustling around in bed. A loud thump comes from down the hall followed by a groan. I laugh at my brother's stupidity and I can almost feel his death glare coming from his room. I chuckle to myself as I open the closet door. Looking through my messy closet I soon realize I need some new close really bad. "I'm going to have to go to the mall later" I mutter to myself. Searching through to clothes I find my favorite pair of denim skinny jeans and throw them on the bed. I turn back to the closet grabbing my grey tank that says rock on the front and my black convers that I am completely in love with. Since I like wearing sleeves I also grab my camouflage shirt, which I keep open, like a jacket. Don't think I'm like depressed or anything cause trust me I definitely am NOT. I walk into the bathroom and do my make up lightly cause I'm too lazy to do it all up right now. I pull my hair out of the bun and let it fall putting a beanie over it. I walk out and look in the mirror. My dark brown hair is cascading down my back midway and is in soft curls from the bun. I look at my face, my skin is pale and my eyes a light green. Weird for a dark brunette I know. " ROSE!" Asher screams from downstairs. " Its freaking 7:00 hurry your ass up!" I look at the clock and it indeed says 7:00. Damn did I really take that long? Whatever doesn't matter I'm finished. I grab my headphones, phone, and laptop as I throw them into my bag. I sling it around my shoulder and run downstairs. " Lord Asher you don't have to scream," I say grabbing his seat out from under him as he takes a bite out of his toast. He immediately falls to the ground and glares at me. "Mom!" He yells. Wow he such a baby, I smile to myself. " Rose, stop harassing your brother and eat please." He looks at me satisfied, but we both know we are just playing. He is the best and is like my best friend. He's 17 just 2 years older than me, but I still treat him like I'm older. I finish eating and sit to stare at Ash seeing how long it will take him to notice me. " Are you guys done?" My mom asks kindly. We both nod and she takes our plates to the sink to wash them. I give up and turn my attention to my mother. I look at her, even for her age she is still beautiful her blonde hair brushing her shoulders with a hint of grey to them. Her eyes are a soft blue that are a perfect mixture of sexy and sweet. My phone buzzes signaling our ride is outside. " They're here" I say to Asher. By they I mean my best friend Sonny, and his older brother Michael who is Asher's best friend. " By mum" Asher says kissing her on the head. He's a good 5 inches taller than her. I mean he's not some almighty tall god our mom's just short. "By baby" She says hugging him tightly. He walks out but not before bumping my shoulder harshly. Thankfully I saw it coming so I move out of the way and he stumbles a bit. I laugh and his cheeks turn red but you can tell he is hiding a smile. I walk up to my mom and kiss her on the cheek and squeeze her tightly. "Au revoir maman" (Bye mom) I say into her sweater. " Au revoir mon fille. " (Goodbye my daughter) She's says back to me. Yes we speak French to each other. It's like our own little thing. She is from France so I know how to speak it pretty well. We hug for another 3 seconds before I let go and run out to the car as she yells, " have a good day kids!" Out the window I can see Sonny, and frankly he looks very tired. His dirty blonde hair shaggy and unbrushed. Thankfully I will change that. Oh the perks of having a girl best friend. I run down the steps and jump into the back of the old, and quite ugly, convertible next to Sonny. " Hey skittles," he says with his nickname for me. " Hey loser" I say back because I am not very good at nicknames. Michael jerks the car forward and we head of to school, fun.