Ch 2. The Routine

Rose's POV

Michael turned on the radio as we took a sharp left turn on one of the main roads in this area. We live in the kind of outskirts the city. If you were wandering that city is actually Athens. He and Asher are talking about the football season last year and how we need to get some better players on the team. Our school, Cedar Shoals, doesn't have the best team. I was in middle school last year so I didn't personally know about the team, but Asher and Michael are juniors now and have played since they were freshmen. If you're wondering, no Sonny doesn't play. I urged him to but we aren't the most popular or liked kids in school, plus Sonny isn't very athletic. I mean he plays baseball and is pretty damn good, but other than that he sucks at sports. The song ends and I realize I wasn't even paying attention, American Idiot comes on and I literally have a freak session. I jump in my seat and sing all the words perfectly, but a little overly loud. Everyone in the car (except for Michael) looks at me with a funny face and burst out laughing. Even Michael is laughing because of my reaction to the song. " Rose, calm down its just a song!" Asher says in fits of laughter. I glare at him and keep singing loud and strong. My favorite part comes on and I scream it out for the world to hear. " Don't want to be the faggot America!" I sing and the people next to us look at me strange. God I'm so weird. I love it! Sonny flips his hair out of his eyes and I realize I have a mission. " Sonny, did you think you were going to go to school looking like that?" I ask him sweetly with a hint of sarcasm. " Huh?" he asks turning his attention to me. " YOUR HAIR! YOU EXPECT TO GET A GIRL LIKE THAT?" I shout letting my inner girliness out. He looks up and flips his head again " What? Do you not like my style?" he says pretending to be hurt. I smirk and pull a hairbrush out of my bag. Sonny's eyes get big and he puts his hands together. " Please rose no I promise I will brush it every morning oh lord please no." he says genuinely scared. I rarely do anything girly but when it comes to Sonny's hair not being brushed I bring out my inner mom. I reach for his hair and start to brush it lightly. " OW!" he screams and I just stifle my laughter. Its not like this is unusual, we do this almost every morning. And every morning he tells me he will brush it tomorrow. We are so used to it that by now, if he combs his hair we know something is up. " Okay, okay its brushed you can stop!" he cries out obviously embarrassed that I'm brushing his hair with the convertible top down. I stop satisfied with my masterpiece and he reflips his hair messing up my perfect look. "Sonny! I worked hard on that!" I say upset. He apologizes as he always ends up doing and we go on with our normal routine. We quickly check each other's homework making sure we didn't miss anything before we get to school. Even though we did it together last night we still do this every morning. Michael turns the corner revealing our school, Home of the Jaguars. " Let's get this over with." I say unenthusiastically. Everyone sighs and I agree with the silent understanding of hatred for school. Michael drops Sonny and I off near the front of the school while he goes to park. He zooms off and we start to walk up to the glass doors ready for another day of torture in this place we supposedly get educated.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry its so shorts it's just supposed to be a filler.