Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Weekend flew by and it was Monday morning. It was a beautiful sunny morning, only few clouds blocking the sun, but you could feel something else in the air. Fear. 

I was scared of going to school. I didn't got out of bed, I pulled covers over my head and just stayed in the bed.

- Get up, dear, you'll be late. - mom came into my room.

- I'm not feeling very well. - I wasn't lying. I was sick, about-to-puke sick.

- What's wrong? - she asked me.

- My stomach hurts. I feel like I'm going to vomit. - 

- Well, you do look pale. - mom sat next to me and put her hand on my forehead. - You can stay home today if you want to, I'll call school to let them know you're not coming today. -

- Thanks mom! I love you! - I hugged her.

- Make yourself some tea, I have to go now. I'll call you to check up on you. Love you, bye. - her and dad left. I instantly called Dem.

- Dem, where are you!? -

- Home, I'm not going to school today. - I felt relieved.

- Well, that makes two of us. -

- What you're home too? -

- Yeah, I felt sick in the morning. -

- Me too. -

- Wanna come over? -

- Can't, mom'll call every now and then to check up on me. -

- Okay, I'll call you later. Bye! -

I went downstairs and made myself some tea. I was glad i stayed home, but I can't play sick forever. I'd have to appear at school sometimes and just the thought of that made me shiver. God knows what can happen to Dem and me.

I turned the TV on and watched cartoons. A little bit of laugh did me good, I can't remember the last time I had watched  cartoons. Then I started thinking of the times we were young, not a care in the world. Noone hated anyone, noone was so judgmental, we were all getting along well.

I got lost in my thoughts I jumped when my phone buzzed.

'Harley just left at Dem's house, she stayed home. Are you in school all by yourself?' it was Jordan.

'No, I'm not in school. I'm home, too. Thanks for worrying :)' I replied.

'Good. So you played sick?'

'I didn't play sick, I am sick.'

'Let me guess, your stomach is hurting?'

'Yeah, it does.' 

I'm smiling like an idiot and even though my stomach was aching I could still feel butterflies inside it and I could swear they eased the pain a bit.

Cartoons were over, but I still wanted to watch them so I turned to Cartoon Network. Didn't even know we had it. I took blanket and curled myself into it and just lied there on the sofa. I almost fell asleep after a while when someone rang on the door. I got up laizily thinking it's probably a postman, but to my surprise it wasn't. There, on my porch, stood Jordan with few DVD's in his hand.

- Thought you might need company! - he grinned and so did I.

- Gosh, you're the best, you know that!? - I hugged him.

I let him into the house and we went into the living room. He started putting a film into DVD player and I brought him a cup of tea.

- So what're we watching? - I asked.

- Space Jam! - 

- Yes! I love that movie! - 

I loved it how whenever I'm around him I forget about everything. I just try to enjoy every single moment and pretend everything's okay. Although, I couldn't help but be sad because I knew he'll never be mine. 

We were watching the movie and laughing hard. When it finished he helped me to clean up the mess we had made. Yeah, we were throwing popcorns at one another. 

- Where do I put this? - he asked me holding the bowl where once were popcorns.

- Just put it down here. - I pointed at the dishwasher. - Want more tea? - 

- Yes, please. - 

- Here you go! - we sat ourselves on the kitchen table. 

- Hey, I forgot to tell you! We're going to Paris in a month! - he said.

- Wow, that's awesome! You have a gig there? - 

- Yeah, we'll be staying there for a week. - 

- Gosh, I wish I could go somewhere. - I frowned.

- Where would you wanna go? - 

- Don't know really. I'd love to travel the world, get to know the life out of this shitty town. But first I want to go to the college and finish my education. - 

- Well, my dream came true I bet yours will too. What exactly is your dream? - 

- I plan on studying languages or phsychology, I don't know yet. Although, I'd love to be a dancer, though. That's my true passion. - I don't know why I'm telling him this. Noone knew about this, not even Dem.

- Then chase your dream! - he said.

- Nah, even if I could I would have never achieved anything. I'm not good enough, plus I've never actually trained dancing which is required. - 

- See, that's your problem. You don't believe in yourself! Maybe you haven't gone to fancy dancing schools or whatever, but you have a talent, at least from what I've seen. - 

I was about to say something, but it slipped my mind when my mom literally stormed into the house.

- Mom what's wrong? - I got up and rushed to her.

- I-I just.. oh, hi Jordan. - she looked as though she had seen a ghost.

- Hi Mrs Green, are you okay? - she went weak in the knees so Jordan and I carried her to the table where she sat. I brought her a glass of water and she drained it.

- I-I-I was fired! And for no apperant reason. They told me I'm the lack of stuff and just handed me my resignation. - I froze. Mom was sobbing and I couldn't move, I knew exactly why it happened. I looked at Jordan and he looked at me worringly.

- I better leave now. - he mouthed to me. I nodded and walked him out.

- Exactly what I feared of. - I was shaking. I was holding back my tears because I needed to be strong for mom now. Jordan didn't say anything, he just hugged me.

- Will you be okay? - he asked me.

- Yeah, I'll be fine. - 

- I'll call you later. - he went home.

I came back inside to take after my mom. Dad got home in a few hours and she hasn't stopped sobbing since. Dad and I managed to calm her down and she fell asleep. I called Dem and  found out her dad lost his job, too. I can't believe this is happening. 

Dad was in room with mom and I went to mine. I couldn't hold my tears anymore so I eventually cried myself to sleep.