Chapter 4

Chapter 4

- Well, we need to go now. - Harley nudged Jordan.

- Yeah, we still haven't got our stuff out of the boxes and we probably should. - Jordan said.

- Don't gooo. - I made a sad face but then I started laughing.

- We can hang out tomorrow. - Harley said. He started pulling Jordan off the couch so we hugged them and they left.

Dem and I started making something for lunch, but we ended up making just pancakes and we ate all of them. I have time to make a proper dinner for mom and dad, they'll be home around 8 p.m. 

Dem and I finished our homework rather fast so we just listened to music and jerked around. We made plans for the future and plotting the revenge we will never have guts to do because we'll always be outnumbered.

- So, what were you and Jordan doing in the kitchen back then? - she asked out of the blue.

- Where did that come from? We were drinking tea. - I said. She gave me the look. - What? - 

- What were you talking about? - 

- He asked me how I was and he said that things had changed here since they had left. - 

- Why did he carry you back? - Gosh, you have to explain everything to her.

- I don't know, ask him! Btw I could ask you the same question; what were you and Harley doing in the living room? - 

- Talking. - 

- About what? - 

- He was asking about the school thing. - 

- You know, I feel as though they were never away now, regardless the fact that we didn't hang out with them for the past couple of years. - I lied on the bed and Dem sat beside me.

- Me too. - she said. - A.? - 

- Yes, D.? - I sat up and hugged my pillow.

- Promise me something. - 

- What? - I was confused.

- Please promise me that you won't fall for Jordan again. - 

- Why would you assume something like that? - 

- Look, I know you and I know what you used to feel for him and I've seen your face today while he was around. - 

- I'm not in love with him. - I said. - I'm done with that. - 

- Sure? - she raised her eyebrow.

- A hundrend percent. - I winked at her. 

Dem went home and I started making dinner for my parents. I turned up the radio and danced around. I sang loudly even though I was whaling around, but then I stopped. The radio presenter said that Rizzle Kicks were back in town so for anyone who haven't heard about them they'd be playing their song Travelller's Chant. I just sat beside the radio and listened. 

Last week, I was passenger on a car seat

Thinking of decision that I made within a heart beat,

She used to make my heartbeat but usually alarms me my lungs are over

Working and I [cant breathe]

Yes I convinced myself I don't like relationship malarkey, 

And she's says wait, you didn't ask me... [How I felt!] 

I said I love that your a [nice girl], and I'm sorry 

But this really wasn't timed well, 

And it kinda feels like it may be a blur, 

Maybe coffee and telly is what I mainly prefer, 

Feel I gotta scratch the surface gotta break it to learn, 

And now I multiply the times in which the tables have turned.

I call this the traveller's chant

Whether you sitting on a train or in the back of a car, 

Thinking, maybe it's me, yes, I do have places to be; 

And I'll be there.

Do I start at the end or do I end at the start, 

And in this little bit of time will I get very far? 

Maybe it's me? Yes I do have places to be.

And I'll be there. 

I knew the lyirics by heart, I bought their album the day it came out. This one was my favourite, maybe it's the lyrics or the sound of their voices singing it acoustic, I didn't know. 

Mom and dad got home soon and I was in my room studying. 

- What's with your jacket? - mom came up holding it.

- Oh, I fell into the ditry snow. - I said. I shivered when I saw it and then I realised that I was actually feeling cold again.

- I'll put it in the washing machine. - 

- Okay, thanks! -

Thank God she believed me. I really didn't want to explain everything all over again. Not like she could do anything about it, too. She'll go to school to complain and I don't want that because dad and her could lost their jobs. I'll just suffer in silence trying not to provoke anyone.

As I was thinking about that with the book on the bed beside me, my phone buzzed. I got a message.

'Hey, how're you feeling? -J-' a smile started forming on my face. 'No!' I shook it off. Not this time.

'I'm fine. And thank you, guys, for everything.'

'What are friends for?(: If this happens again just tell me and I'll deal with that! I don't want to see you hurt.' this made my heart skip. I hated myself for that, I can't just fall for someone's sweet words. But this wasn't someone, this was Jordan. I am a lost case, I fell for him again and this time it'll be even harder to get up.