Chapter 1

Chapter 1

We entered the school and headed to our lockers which were, fortunately, one next to another. The bell rang and we went to our classroom.

There were four 'princesses' walking in front of us. They were the most popular girls in the school and they were cheerleaders, what a cliché. Like in all teen movies, but the only thing wrong was that they were ugly, for me, I mean.

When I walked into the classroom and I was about to sit in my place one of these girls threw a litter in front of me.

- Oh, look, this would be a great job for you! - she said and everyone started laughing.

- Nice. Mature. - I pushed the litter away and sat in my place. Demetria just gave me the annoying look. 

Lunch time. The part of the school day I hated the most, especially in winter since we couldn't go out. I was stuck with all those horrible faces in the cafeteria, I loathed most of them. Demetria and I have found the table in the corner with few other kids from our neighbourhood hoping noone would torment us today, but we weren't that lucky. Today two of the popular guys were harassing little Jack. He was a freshman, poor kid. They took his jacket and threw it out of the window into the snow. I wanted to stop it, but Demetria pulled me away and we went to get Jack's jacket. We mostly covered for each other and right before we went out I saw Billy, his older brother, standing up and picking a fight. 

- I swear I'm gonna kick their butts one day! - I was furious.

- One day we will, but in sofisticated way. We'll rub our success into their noses. - Demetria always knew to point her anger in right direction.

- Oh, I'm praying for that day. - 

It was freezing outside so we took the jacket and went inside. Demetria putted it into her locker to drain it and warm it.

By the end of the day nothing seriosly happened just that Billy got detention and, of course, those two pricks got away with it. We gave Jack his jacket when we were going home, he thanked us. 

We were walking home, listening to music and jerking around. Demetria was coming over every day after school so why would today be different? As we were approching my house I noticed something. There was a large amount of boxes in front of the house across mine so I nudged Demetria. We both had a confusing look on our faces.

- Reckon they're back, Dem? - I asked her, hoping to her the approving answer.

-  Why would they be? They're famous now. - Demetria said sadly.

- Yeah, they probably don't remember us, I mean it's been two years since they've left. - I said unlocking my doors.

- But I miss them, Alex. - she said, frowning.

- Hey, I miss them too, but they've made it. They've got an album out and they're famous. They made their dreams come true like we will one day. - I comforted her.

I started remembering how we used to play around when we were little. Jordan and Harley were  like my big brothers, but we fell apart in high school. When they were seniors Dem and I were freshmens and they formed a crowd of their own. But it's been long before that the four of us fell apart, when I think about it closely. The worst thing of all was that I had a thing for Jordan even though I would never have a chance with him. But I moved on, or so I thought so. I actually wanted to see him.