Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I was going home, furiously grasping to my crutches. I was so angry, I could literally kill someone right now. 

I came home and mom was all worried which was getting on my nerves. I calmly explained her what happened and I tried to convince her that it, for sure, wasn't an accident. I left to my room and threw myself on bed. My ankle was hurting.

I called Laura to let her know what happened and she couldn't believe it. She said she'll be round my place in 10. I went downstairs trying not to trip and not to injure my ankle even more. Mom came to help me and I let her, I mean, I was kind of rude to her before and my anger has vanished by now.

- You need anything? - she asked.

- No, thanks. - I followed her back to the kitchen.

- I'm going shopping, you need anything? - she said.

- I'm fine. - she went.

I jumped on one leg to the sink and started making tea when doorbell rang. I took my crutches and went to open them. It was Laura and Tanya and when they saw my crutches their faces went blank.

- So you won't be able to preform on Saturday? - Tanya asked when I told them what had happened.

- Unfortunatelly not. - I sighed.

- Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I'm gonna kill that bitch Clara! - Laura said.

- Not if I get her first. Gooosh, I'm so furious! - I exclaimed. Someone entered the house and mom walked in with Dem.

- How's your leg? - Dem asked after saying hi to the girls.

- Well, it hurts, but a little less than before. - 

They left and I went upstairs. I was sprawled on the bed when the message came saying:

'Wanna go for a walk? Harley's boring meeeee. Jxx'

'Sorry, babe, but I can't. /:' I replied to him.

'Oh come on! Why not?'

'Come over and see it for yourself.'

I heard mom opening the door to let him in after 5 minutes. He shuffled upstairs and when he entered the room his gaze stopped on my bandaged ankle.

- What the hell? Are you okay? - he sat beside me. I told him what had happened and I was on the verge of tears because I've been telling this story over and over again and everytime I said that I won't be able to preform it hurt me since I was really looking forward to it.

I didn't go to school for the rest of the week, I was actually happy because of it. Jordan was with me all the time taking care of me as if it was necessary. Dem came over after school to check up on me and to tell me how the choreo is changing now since I won't be able to preform.

It was Saturday and Jordan and I were watching TV. 

- What time is it? - I asked him.

- 4.15 - 

- Come on, lets go! - I stood up and took my crutches.

- And where do you think you're going? - he stood up too.

- To watch my girls, of course! - he was about to say something, probably to stop me from my intentions. - And there's no way you're gonna stop me. - I told him.

When we stepped out of the bus we headed to the beach stage where the girls were about to preform, where I was supposed to preform. It was pretty crowded, mostly with people our age. 

It was hard walking with crutches through the sand but I managed to find my way behind the stage where the girls were pacing nervously.

- Hi girls! - I smiled broadly at them.

- Alex! - they all group-hugged me.

- You ready? -

- I'm nervous. - said Tanya.

- I'm shaking. - Dem outstreched her hand.

- Hey, hey. You're gonna do amazing and flawless job. Nothing to be nervous off. Now pull yourself together and kick some ass up there! - I encouraged them.

We were talking, I mean, I was mostly giving them pep-talk when I heard that high-pitched laugh behind me. I turned around and saw Clara maliciously grinning at me.

- How's your ankle? Oh, wait, I don't care. - her peasants laughed. Laura was cursing behind me and she started making her way to her but I stopped her.

- She's not worth it. - I whispered to her. - Why don't you just get lost? - I spoke to Clara.

- Why would I? -

- Because if you don't you'll be eating sand and I'm not even kidding. - Jordan came over with Harley behind him.

- Just go away. - I pushed her with one of my crutch. Her face was outraged. She came closer to me so that she was inches away from my face.

- You shouldn't have done that. - she said.

- And you really should wash your teeth, I mean, gross! - everyone behind me laughed. Clara slapped me across my face and I flipped. I punched her straight in the face and made her nose bleed. She was sat on the sand screaming and crying. Her peasants picked her up and they left. I could still hear loud shreiking of her voice.

- That's my girl! - Jordan hugged me and so did the girls.

It was time for them to come up the stage. I was nervous for them and proud of them. I really wanted to be up there with them instead of watching them from the crowd. As the lead of the group, Leanne announced something before they started dancing. The girls dedicated that preformance to me, I was so touched by that gesture. These girls are my second family, I love them so much.

As I assumed, they did an amazing job up there. Everyone was cheering for them and applauding. I felt like a proud mother even though I was the youngest in the group. I came to them hugging them tightly and thanking them for the dedication.

After everything was over we went to grab a cup of tea/coffee and we just sat on the beach chatting for hours until we decided to go home.