Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I actually couldn't sleep all night because reality was finally better than dreams. I put my iPod away and took my mobile phone to text Dem when I saw I've got the text from Jordan. 

'Good morning, beautiful! Just thought I'd let you know we've arrived to Paris. (: -J xx' my head hit the pillow once again, I was smiling like an idiot. 

'Morning babe! Okay, have fun and take lots of pictures! -A xx' I replied to him and texted Dem I'll meet her in 2 hours since it was 8 am now.

I shuffled downstairs to find my mom and my aunt in the kitchen drinking coffee. I made myself some tea and joined them. 

I went to get ready and I was on my way to Dem's house. We went out for a walk, it was a beautiful day. I had to retell her every detail from yesterday and, honestly, I had no problem doing it. We talked for about an hour when mom called to get home to lunch.

A big surprise awaited me. My auntie announced that she was pregnant and our lunch suddenly turned into a great feast. I was happy for them, plus I'm getting a baby cousin! 

Today I didn't even feel all gloomy because of going to school. I couldn't care less. Dem and I were walking down the hall just chatting and not giving a fuck about things they were throwing at us. 

All of a sudden Clara appeared in front of us holding a magazine in front of our faces. There were those pistures of Harley and Dem and Jordan and me.

- Who do you think you are? - she shouted, mainly at me.

- Oh, look how cute Jordan and I are, Dem! - I said pointing at picture of us two, not looking at Clara even once.  

- Naaah, Harley and I are cuter! I mean, look at us! - she followed. 

- And thank you for that! - I took magazine from Clara's hands and started walking away, but she grasped my arm and pulled me back. - Is there a problem? - I asked her calmly flicking through pages. 

- I think the poor girl is jelaous. It's okay, dear, I know it's heartbreaking when you find out your celebrity crush isn't available anymore. - Dem said to her and I started laughing like crazy. Clara was speechless, she was just raging.

- Hey, I can get you an autograph if that'll make you happy! - I shouted when she just stormed away from us. 

After school Dem and I headed to practice. Today was especially hard, we were creating a new choreography. We had music and we just had to put it all together, but none of us seemed eager to come up with anything. The girls were tired and Dem and I just didn't have inspiration today.

When I got home I took a shower and made myself something to eat. I went up to my room to do my homework, but my Skype was reciving a call. I sat down on the table by my computer and answered Jordan's call. 

- Hey beautiful! - he said cheerfully.

- Hey! What are you doing? - 

- Not much, we have an interview in an hour. What're you doing? - 

- Just about to start doing my homework, but it can wait. - I was smiling widely. 

- Yeah, I won't be long, we have to leave soon, but look at this! - he got up holding his laptop in front of his hotel window. He had an amazing view to Eiffel Tower. I gasped.

- It's beautiful! - I said when he lied himself back on the bed.

- Nothing compared to you. - he shrugged. Gosh, he's never been this sweet!

- Since when did you turn all cheeky? - I asked him, beaming at my screen.

We were laughing and talking about their schedule, but then he had to leave and I got back to my studying.

Days weren't passing by fast. I couldn't wait for Saturday to see him again and Dem was missing Harley, too.

It was Thursday and it was lunch time. Dem and I were talking about the choreography we finally set up on out last practice when I noticed that Clara and her peasents were giggling and laughing flicking through magazine. They all got up and came by our table. Clara shoved a magazin in front of Dem and walked away as though she's just won a gold medal. Dem looked down and I noticed her facial expression.

- What? What is it? - she flicked a page, got up and stormed out of the cafeteria. I took the magazin and there it was. Caught cheating? was the big headline and there were pictures of Harley in the club with some girl. None of the pictures showed that they actually kissed but it sure didn't look innocent. I hurried to find Dem. She was in the bathroom crying. 

- How could he do this to me!? - I didn't know what to say. There were just no right words so I just hugged her.

She was really depressed. She didn't want to go to the practice that day and she didn't come to school on Friday. After school I went to her house with a big ice cream and loads of junk food. I tried to make her feel better, but her eyes were always watery and she was not in the mood for anything. She eventually fell asleep on my lap. My phone buzzed, text message. 

'Hey Alex! Could you tell me why Dem isn't answering my calls nor replying my texts? Is something wrong? Harley.'

'Well, I was hoping you could explain me.' I replied. I was kind of pissed of him.

' What?'

'Geez, I don't know! How about you start from that girl you were all over the other night!? It was all over the magazines yesterday!'

'What are you talking about? What girl?'  I started typing the message back to him when he sent me another one just before I clicked 'send'. 'OH GOSH! FUCK! THAT WAS NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING HAPPEND, SHE WAS JUST A DRUNK FAN, OH MY GOD, DEM WILL NEVER BELIEVE ME! THIS LOOKS BAD, BUT YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME THAT NOTHING HAPPENED, I LOVE DEM AND I WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON HER!' I didn't reply anything. I didn't know what to believe in, all of this was confusing. 

Dem was still asleep. I slowly got up trying not to wake her up and I headed home. I left her a note that I'll call her later. 

On my way home I was trying to clear my head. I wanted to help Dem, I hate seeing her like this. My phone suddenly rang, Jordan was calling.

- Hey babe! - I answered.

- Hey! Look, Harley is freaking out. I don't know what to do, he's shown me the article and I swear that nothing happened, I was right there! This girl was so wasted and she started throwing herself on Harley, she was escorted out of the club eventually. Here, Harley wants to talk to you. - he said. 

- Hey Alex. Look, I know it looks bad, but nothing happened. If only Dem answered my calls so I could explain her. I love her so much and I feel like crap now knowing that I've hurt her. - he sounded really worried and miserable. By the sound of his voice I knew nothing happened, I trusted him. 

- I'll talk to her, she's asleep now. - I told him.

- Thank you, you're the best! Tell her to call me, please. - 

- I'll reassure her. - I said. - Everything will be fine. - 

I got home and I instantly called Dem. She listened to me and I managed to calm her down. I resend her Harley's messages and she eventually believed. I was so relieved. It would be really weird if they broke up, they couldn't be friends anymore, it would all became so awkward. 

Then a simple thought occupied my mind. What if Jordan and I broke up one day? It would never be the same, it's hard to preserve a friendship after the reltionship. I hated all these gloomy thoughts in my head, I always start thinking the worst things and I always put myself down. I need to stop being so fragile.