Chapter 11 || Second is Sunk

MISSY MORENO

We were all walking in the funky muck and I continued looking at Ojo's iPad. I stared in confusion at the picture I was just looking at a while ago. Us in a huge black puddle. Why? I frowned, but continued going.

Back with the Heroics...

Marcus Moreno stared at the screen as his daughter scrolled through Ojo's iPad.

"Why is there... us in a huge black puddle?" Wheels asked.

"I dunno... but it looks like we're going in..."

They carefully stepped in and Noodles gagged.

"Oh! That smells like... rotten... rotten--"

"We get it," Missy plugged her nose.

"This place looks like poop," Guppy looked around, "Why are we even here?"

"Well, in order to go that way," Missy pointed onward, "We have to go through this. If we cut through the woods, we just fall off a cliff. We're literally on a huge, jungly, stinky mountain."

"Don't you think the Velocrian King is mad at you, Wheels?" Rewind asked, "I mean... you just cut off his receptor to his surveillance cameras. It's obviously gotta make him mad."

"But now he doesn't know where we are," Wheels smirked, "Or what we're saying."

"Okay... but I still feel like--" Suddenly, Missy stopped.

"Why'd you stop--"

"I can't move my legs!" she exclaimed, struggling with all her might until she fell onto her knees.

"Oh no..." Wheels stared in horror at his wheelchair. "I can't move my wheels! They're stuck!"

"I can't move my legs," Rewind added.

"Can you rewind ti--"

A tree branch broke off and hit Rewind in the back, making him faceplant into the sticky black mud.

"Now I can't," Rewind gasped, spluttering as the mud entered his mouth, "My arms are stuck!"

"Guppy!"

"There's barely any water!" she exclaimed, "This mud is too thick!"

They were all quickly sinking.

"Noodles! You good?"

"I've stretched enough to hold onto this tree trunk but if I can't even get my legs out of this gunk, I can't stay on this tree for much longer."

"AHHH!" they all screamed as they sunk lower.

The mud was up to Missy's knees, slowly inching closer.

"So this is their version of quicksand!" she exclaimed, trying to keep balanced as she struggled, "AND IT'S STUPID!"

"Noodles! You've got this!" Rewind yelled from his place as he stuck his face out of the mud, "If I can stick my face out, you can stick your legs out. LET'S GO!"

"YOU'VE GOT THIS NOODLES!" the rest of them screamed, "YOU CAN DO IT!"

Noodles, hearing the sounds of encouragement, continued onward, pulling with all his might.

"THINK OF THE HAPPIEST THING YOU CAN THINK OF! DON'T LET IT GO AWAY! SAY IT OUT LOUD! SAY IT FOR ALL TO HEAR!" Missy screamed.

"WHY--"

"JUST DO IT!" she yelled, "QUICK!"

"It was... when we were back at Headquarters... that time we snuck out of there and began to trick the hall guards. And you marched on out there and gave us both wedgies for being so mean, and then you gave the hall guards wedgies for being so stupid to not see it coming!"

"AND YOU'RE NOT LETTING IT GO, ARE YOU?!" Missy screamed.

"NO!"

"THAT TREE IS YOUR MEMORY! GRAB ON AND LET IT PULL YOU OUT!" she screamed.

"AHHH!" Noodles screamed and he was yanked out of the sand.

"YEAH!" Invis-girl cheered, "YEAH NOODLES!"

Marcus smiled at his daughter's smarts. She really knew how to cheer people on.

"Your daughter should be some kind of coach or a motivational speaker because that deserved some applause," Lavagirl laughed.

"NOW QUICK! PULL US OUT!"

"MISSY!" Wheels suddenly screamed.

His head was almost submerged and he was gasping for breath.

"MISSY!"

"WHEELS! NOODLES! GRAB WHEELS! WHEELS!"

Miracle Guy stared in horror as his son slowly sank into the mud until only his blonde hair was showing. Noodles tried his hardest, trying to loop his arms around Wheels, but he couldn't grab a grip as his hair was too slippery.

"I CAN'T!"

"MISSY!" Wheels screamed one last time, muffled by all the mud.

"WHEELS!" Missy screamed, sinking her arm into the mud to try and grab Wheels and pull him out.

She suddenly stopped struggling.

"He's gone."

Noodles shook his head.

"We have to get out before we cry!"

He grabbed onto Guppy, who's shoulders were starting to submerge. Smart little Guppy had kept her hands in the air, not willing to let them into the mud. Noodles grabbed her arms and yanked with all his might, anchoring himself to the tree. Guppy flew out of there and stood, grabbing onto Noodles's torso to hold him down as he swung his arms out to grab Rewind. Rewind screamed as he was pulled out of the mud.

And now, it was Missy's turn. She had her chest all the way in the mud.

"How do we hook her?!"

"Oh! There's a hole! You know... armpit!"

Noodles put his hand through the hole just before it almost got into the mud.

"PULL!" he screamed and they yanked Missy out of the mud.

The children sat there, shivering and covered in dirt. Suddenly, as Miracle Guy sat down, grieving over the loss of his son, Wheels tumbled in from the top of the prison and landed on him.

"OH!" he yelled, as he was covered in mud from head to toe.

"SON!" Miracle Guy yelled, hugging his son.

"I think... I think all the traps lead to this place..." Wheels wheeled around, "And now my wheels are all sticky!"

"Well," Ojo sighed, "You're exactly right. I wish I could tell Missy that in some way... but... I don't know how. I can't use my iPad. All I have is a stylist!"

Wheels's eyes suddenly lit up.

"Does your stylist run on batteries?"

"Yes."

"Is it connected to your iPad in some way?"

"For sure..."

"I'll need something sharp and tiny. Tweezers."

"I have some," Ms. Vox took them out of her suit, "And you said having tweezers for fake eyelash repairs on your suit was USELESS."

Red Lightning Fury rolled her eyes. Wheels began to tweak Ojo's stylist.

"What are you doing?"

Wheels didn't answer until he was done.

"There. Now, you can draw on the wall and it'll appear on the iPad, no matter how far away you are from it. As long as the batteries in your stylist last, your iPad will receive the drawings."

"How'd you do it?"

"So I can do it for as long as my stylist has battery?"

"Yep! Go! Start drawing!"