Chapter 1

Taeyong looked at his phone as he slung his backpack on his right shoulder

Taeyong looked at his phone as he slung his backpack on his right shoulder. His first class for today started a bit late. Or maybe he arrived at the college early. It's been a month since Taeyong enrolled at the college. So far everything was great. Everyone was nice to him. He was the oldest in his class because he started late. Two years to be exact.

He wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. A few weeks after Taeyong graduated high school, his father lost his job. After that, his family struggled with money. His mother had to work two jobs. His sister just entered high school at that time. She needed money for her study. Taeyong knew he had to put aside his dream for a while and focused on supporting his family. So he worked at a café not far from his home. He still worked there until now, but he changed from being a full-time to a part-time worker. His dad? Well, he's still struggling to find a job.

So two years later, Taeyong had enough savings to further his study. His dad helped too. And here he was, enrolled to the college with the batch two years younger than him. It's not that big of an issue actually. Taeyong himself looked kinda young for his age. His slightly small figure played a big role.

At first, it was a bit awkward. Standing in the middle of people that were younger than him. Taeyong felt like he didn't blend in. With him being an introvert, it's hard for him. But luckily, he managed to get along with his classmates, thanks to that someone.

"Taeyong hyung!" he heard his name being called.

Taeyong turned around and smiled at that person. Yeah, thanks to him. He got to make friends here. Jaehyun.

"Good morning

"Good morning. Did you sleep well last night?" Jaehyun asked as he walked beside the shorter one.

Taeyong nodded as he looked at the boy. Without Jaehyun, he wasn't sure if he could survive college or not. Taeyong hoped he could be as bright as this dimple boy beside him.

"We still got time. Wanna have breakfast?" Jaehyun asked.

"Let's go." Taeyong replied.

They arrived at the café inside the college shortly after. Jaehyun ordered a croissant with a cup of hot latte and Taeyong went with a muffin. The latter really needed that caffeine for their first class.