Chapter 9

It was a lovely afternoon at Jung's resident. The two boys were in the backyard garden, filled with grass walls like a maze with different heights that led to the center where a white gazebo was situated. Along the maze have various types of flowers being planted to make the place more pleasing to the eyes. Taeyong let his fingers touched the flowers as he walked past them. Jaehyun followed the latter from behind, enjoying their time together. Taeyong turned around and looked at the younger one. The boy just replied with a small smile.

Jaehyun talked a lot when they were at the college unlike at home. It made Taeyong thought of the conversation he had with Kai a few days ago. They came from different backgrounds. Although Taeyong was not rich, he received a ton of love and attention from his family. Well, not after recently. Meanwhile, Jaehyun... he could have whatever he wanted with money except for love from his family. Taeyong wanted to understand Jaehyun more.

"This garden is beautiful." Taeyong said. Jaehyun nodded as he looked around.

"A gift from my dad to my mom. She loved flowers." Jaehyun stated.

"Where is she now?" Taeyong asked.

"...dead..." Jaehyun answered monotone.

"Oh... I'm... sorry." Taeyong felt a bit guilty. Jaehyun just shrugged it off.

"My dad orders the maids to always take good care of this garden. Because it's very special to him. Also, a reminder for me that he still has a heart."

"Are you the only child?" and Jaehyun nodded.

Taeyong looked at Jaehyun and bit his lips. He felt sad for the boy. He must be very lonely. He wondered what was in Jaehyun's mind when the latter stared blankly at the sky. Was he thinking about Taeyong? Or about something else. Suddenly, Jaehyun pulled Taeyong behind the wall. Before the older could say anything, Jaehyun placed his finger at Taeyong's lips. Taeyong froze as he looked at Jaehyun.

"We're being watched. There's someone in the woods." Jaehyun said as he looked around.

"What should we do?" Taeyong asked.

"Follow this wall until you reach the gazebo. There's a hidden door under the seat." Jaehyun took out a gun from his back.

"It's a tunnel that led straight to the kitchen. Run to our room, lock the door and wait until I come back." Jaehyun stated as he took a peek from behind the wall.

"How about you?" Taeyong frowned.

"Don't worry about me. Now, go." Jaehyun smiled as he called Kai with his phone.

Taeyong ran to the gazebo and tried to find the mentioned door. He opened the door and entered it. Taeyong looked at Jaehyun once more. The latter nodded as he waited until Taeyong closed the door. And with that, Jaehyun started to head towards the back door. He saw Kai from afar as the man entered the woods in a flash.

Taeyong looked around the tunnel that was covered in blue tiles. Without hesitation, he ran until he saw a wooden door at the end of the tunnel. Carefully, he pushed open the door. Jaehyun was right, it indeed led to the kitchen. There's no one around. Taeyong then went to their room. He locked the door and walked around the room, biting his nails due to anxiousness. It was a complete 10 minutes of silence. His heart was still beating like crazy.

He looked outside the window and saw Jaehyun with Kai entered the garden from the back door. Both of them looked fine. They talked about something and Kai took out his phone. They have serious expressions on their faces. After that, Jaehyun headed towards the house. Taeyong ran to the door and waited. A moment later, someone knocked on the door.