Chapter 14

Yuta arrived at the café that afternoon after a long day torturing his brain in classes. Okay, his classes were until noon only. He was just exaggerating it. He pushed the door while mentally complaining that it's gonna be another tiring day at work. Yuta then saw the manager behind the counter with a boy. He called the manager and she and the boy turned around. Yuta froze as his face turned red. So cute... Yuta thought.

He was so dumbfounded by the boy that he didn't realize that the manager was introducing the boy to him. The latter just awkwardly looked around because Yuta wasn't blinking. Suddenly, a light slap landed on Yuta's arm. He snapped out of it and looked at his annoyed manager.

"Go change and start working." She said.

Yuta pouted as he rubbed the spot where he got hit. He looked at the boy one last time before retrieved to the store. A few moments later, he got out and washed his hands. He wanna talk to the boy but the latter was cleaning up the tables. The manager then stood beside Yuta.

"I'm so glad that he applied for the job. I interviewed him yesterday and since he said he could start as soon as possible. So he starts today." The manager let out a relieved sigh.

"He's quick on catching up with the tasks but quite slow at memorizing the recipes."

"Oh, why?" Yuta asked.

"He's not fully fluent in Korean yet."

"Where's he from?"

"China." The manager untied her apron.

"So I want you to teach him everything he needs to know. Don't push him too hard." She ordered her worker.

Soon after, the boy had done cleaning the tables. His eyes met with Yuta's, and they smiled at each other. While he was washing the plates, the manager told Yuta to take care of the café and he frowned.

"Okay, Sicheng. You'll be under Yuta's care. I'm going home."

"Why~?" Sicheng whined.

The manager and Yuta looked at Sicheng's cute reaction and couldn't help but coo at it. The manager cupped Sicheng's cheeks and squeezed them.

"You're so cute. But I need a rest too. I've been working full shift for 4 days already."

"It's okay, Sicheng. I'm here if you need help." Yuta said to the latter.

Sicheng looked down and he nodded slowly. The manager patted Yuta's back before she left. A customer entered and ordered a hot americano. While Yuta was serving the customer, he taught the newbie how to take orders at the same time. He then showed Sicheng how to make the drinks. He asked the boy, what ingredient needed. Sicheng managed to answer but the pronunciation was a bit wrong. And Yuta could only chuckle at the cuteness.

Everything went well that day. The café wasn't that packed and the two managed to handle everything. Without Sicheng realized, it was already time to close the café. He was mopping the floor while Yuta was counting the sale for that day.

"How was today? Tired?" Yuta asked the younger.

"Okay... not that tiring at all." Sicheng replied.

They finished everything before they closed the café. The two bid goodbye and went separate ways. Sicheng made sure that he was out of Yuta's sight and pulled out his phone, calling Kai to pick him up.

They arrived home and Sicheng went straight to his room. Soon after, Jaehyun came in. The boy sat straight and looked down as Jaehyun approached him.