Chapter 18

Jaehyun barged into the mansion the moment he arrived that morning. He looked around and saw Sicheng. The boy was sitting in the living room with Kun. When Kai called him yesterday, Jaehyun was horrified. He instantly left all the work behind and headed home. All he could think of was Taeyong.

"Where is he?" Jaehyun asked Sicheng.

"In the room." the boy replied.

Jaehyun ran to his room as fast as he could. He opened the door and met eyes to eyes with Taeyong. The latter was studying. Jaehyun let out a sigh as he approached the boy. He grabbed Taeyong and hugged him tightly. The older snaked his arms around Jaehyun's waist as he nuzzled his face at the crook of Jaehyun's neck. He tried to act strong in front of Jaehyun because he didn't want to make the latter worried about the incident yesterday. But the moment Jaehyun hugged him, he realized how much he missed the boy.

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun asked after he broke the hug.

Taeyong nodded as Jaehyun cupped his face. The younger gently caressed Taeyong's face down to the neck, checking if he got hurt. He realized the mess he brought Taeyong into. How dangerous it was for Taeyong.

"My arm got bruise a bit. Nothing bad." Taeyong showed his arm. Jaehyun frowned as he held it.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. Kai told me to hide so I saw nothing. Maybe he suddenly stepped on the brake, and I lost balance." Taeyong explained.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Jaehyun collided their foreheads together.

"It's okay." Taeyong said.

Jaehyun kissed the boy passionately. He told the younger to stay in the room. Jaehyun went to Kai, seeking an explanation for everything that happened yesterday. Kai knew who they were. He sent a few men to go and investigated. It's pretty quick because they already knew who the culprit was. Kim group. Jung's nemesis. Jaehyun was gonna made sure they paid for what they have done at Taeyong.

"Tell our men to prepare weapons. We're going tonight. Destroy everything in sight." Jaehyun said to Kai and left.

---

Night came and Jaehyun arrived at their warehouse. Everyone was busy unloading firearms inside the vehicles. Jaehyun grabbed two guns as he tucked them behind his back. Kai stood beside the boy, fully loaded with weapons. Mr. Jung walked in as he looked around. He was furious. His enemy attacked his best hitman. There's no way he's letting this slide.

"Make sure you get there and destroy everything and everyone. Leave nothing behind." He said to his son.

"Make me proud." He continued. Jaehyun nodded, won't even spare a glance at his father.

Everyone got into cars, ready to go. There were about 10 cars and 5 jeeps. Kai got onto his superbike as he stopped beside Jaehyun.

"It's a trap. Everything seems too easy." Kai said, wearing his helmet.

"If it's true, I want you to stay hidden. Maybe this is the time to proceed with our plan."

"Don't let anyone see you. Remember, he is your top priority." Jaehyun stated.

Kai nodded as he went first, followed by everyone else. 30 minutes later, Jaehyun could see Kim's mansion. Kai already disappeared into the woods with his bike. He's gonna ambush the house from the back in order to stay hidden. Jaehyun and the others arrived at the front gate only to find out that the guards were already dead. Kai already dealt with them. That man was a monster.

They barged into the mansion's area without hesitation. Every man that came to attack them got killed instantly. They got into the mansion as one of Jaehyun's men blasted out a rifle and shot everything in front of him. Jaehyun managed to kill anyone he saw. The one with the rifle got shot and died instantly.