Chapter 19

Kai barged into the mansion, breathing heavily. The moment he heard the siren, he knew his prediction was true. That this was a trap. Kai then immediately left the premises, grabbed his bike, and flea. Sicheng approached the man.

"What happened?" Sicheng asked.

"Listen to me. Go pack your stuff. Everything. Leave nothing behind." Kai held the boy's shoulders.

"Go. Now." Sicheng nodded and ran to his room.

Kai took a deep breath and went to Taeyong. He opened the door and Taeyong looked at him, shocked a bit. Kai never entered this room. The man grabbed the luggage on top of the cupboard.

"What are you doing?" Taeyong frowned as he stood up.

"Pack all your stuff. Take everything." Kai ordered.

"What happened?" Taeyong asked as he took out his cloth.

"We got into a bit of trouble, and I have to take you away from here."

Taeyong didn't ask anything further as he continued to pack his stuff. Kai helped the latter. A few moments later, they left the room, headed towards the front door. Sicheng was already waiting there with all his stuff. They then loaded all the luggage into the trunk and left the mansion. Kai was speeding up and Taeyong and Sicheng were scared at the back.

"Kai, where's Jaehyun?" Taeyong asked.

"Things not going according to plan."

"What not according to plan?" Kai looked at Taeyong through the rear mirror and then looked at the road.

"You will know in the future."

"Where are we going?" Sicheng asked.

"Well, good news. Taeyong is going home." Kai replied.

45 minutes later, the three arrived in front of Taeyong's apartment. Kai dropped Taeyong at his house and his mother was really surprised. The man that took her son away, returned him back. She hugged Taeyong tightly as tears rolled her cheeks. Taeyong turned around and found out that Kai and Sicheng walked away.

He broke the hug and exited the house. Kai brought Sicheng to an empty apartment, three houses from him. Taeyong's mom showered him with questions, but he ignored all of them as he followed the two. Kai gave a key to Sicheng. They entered the empty house as Taeyong and Sicheng looked at the man, cluelessly.

"From now on, this is your house. You live in this house the moment you came to Korea. You never stay at any mansion. Remember that." Kai told Sicheng.

"And you, Taeyong. You never got kidnapped before. No one was holding you as a hostage." Kai turned to Taeyong.

Taeyong and Sicheng looked at each other. They didn't know what was happening. Kai suddenly came and gave them all these orders. And the next order shocked both of them even more.

"Somewhere in the future, police will come for you, Sicheng. But don't worry. You did nothing wrong. They will be interrogating you. So do exactly what I order you. Mr. Jung bought you from your real parents, but Jaehyun didn't want you to have anything related to Mr. Jung's work. So he bought this house under your name because he wants you to stay away from Mr. Jung's dirty work. You got nothing to do with it. You know nothing about it." Kai stated.

"Kai, please. Where is Jaehyun?" Taeyong grabbed the man's arm.

"What happened to him? Don't make me worry to death." He started to tear up.

"He did all this to protect you." Kai placed his hand on Taeyong's shoulder.

"And Sicheng, never mention about Taeyong at all. I will disappear until the right time. Pretend like you never know me. As if I never exist." Kai gave one last order to Sicheng, and he turned to Taeyong.