Chapter 5

Taeyong looked at the boy beside him. His aura totally changed. The moment Jaehyun stepped out of the car, he became a totally different person. This was the Jaehyun that Taeyong used to know. He clenched his bag's strap. This was the mask that Jaehyun wore. He wondered how many masks the latter have.

They entered the building as Taeyong looked around. This was his first time being outside ever since Jaehyun held him as a hostage. Honestly, he could just run away. Forgot all the mess-up things and left. No need to care about anything. But his family would be in danger. If he ran, Jaehyun would come for his family. At least nothing bad happened to him yet.

~flashback~

"Mom, it's me, Taeyong."

Jaehyun finally let him call his mother but he won't leave Taeyong alone.

"Oh my god, Taeyong... I'm so worried about you. Are you okay?" Mrs. Lee cried as soon as she heard her son's voice.

"I'm okay. No need to worry about me. I'm safe here."

"Taeyong, you just got kidnapped. And I can't do anything. How am I supposed not to worry?" his mom raised her voice a bit.

"They threatened me not to call the police or they'll kill you."

"How is Taeyeon?" Taeyong asked.

"She's fine. Still shocked. She doesn't even want to look at your dad."

"It's his fault after all. Tell him to fix this mess quick-" his words got cut off when Jaehyun snatched the phone away from him.

He glared at Taeyong before leaving. Taeyong scoffed. He then saw Kai leaving the mansion with the car. Jaehyun said that the man was going to his house. He didn't know how it's happening but an hour later, Kai came back with a backpack and luggage.

"What did you say to my mom?" Taeyong asked Kai.

The man just looked at him and walked away. Cold. Taeyong thought. Why did everyone like to walk away from him today?

~end of flashback~

"Jaehyun! Taeyong hyung!" one of their classmates called the two.

"Hey. How's your weekend?" Jaehyun smiled.

Taeyong glared at Jaehyun. How come he's so nice and friendly? He's not like this when they were at home. He's so good at being fake. Taeyong mentally said to Jaehyun.

"Hyung? Are you listening?" the classmate called him.

"Ah, what is it?" Taeyong asked.

Jaehyun looked at Taeyong as his expression turned dark for a quick second. The lecturer came in and the friend retrieved to his seat. Meanwhile, Jaehyun dragged Taeyong to the back of the class. They sat down and Jaehyun folded his arms.

"When we're outside of my house, pretend as nothing happened."

Taeyong wanted to say something but he stopped his intention when he saw Jaehyun's angry face. He's scared of what Jaehyun would do when they're at home. And their classes went by with not even a single word coming from both.

All the classes for today end and they were about to head home when someone stopped them. It was Yuta. Taeyong panicked because he forgot to inform the latter about him quitting the job.

"Taeyong, what's wrong? Why did you suddenly quit? You worked there for a few years already." Yuta asked.

Taeyong bit his lips as he looked at Jaehyun. The latter put his hands in his pockets and looked away.