Chapter 10: How about we make a deal (Nico's POV)

*Should I put the chapter name...? Yes, I think I will*

Chapter 10: Catch me

Nico's POV

Percy and I were rarely apart now. We had heard little from Annabeth and Reyna. I was living in constant fear of Reyna resuming the duel. The duel for Annabeth.

"Percy...?" I asked quietly.
"Yes, Neeks?"

"You're... not going to duel with Reyna? Just lay low?" I asked softly. Percy smiled at me and looked down at me and cups my face gently.
"I'll try my best, okay?"

"Okay." I leaned into his touch and Percy pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.
"I promised Jason I'd help out with some... sword training? I don't remember, but I promised I'd help. I'll come back for you and we can hang out or something?" Percy asked.

"Or something."

"Nico!" Percy blushed a little, he was somewhat embarrassed about the blunt parts, but could say sappy, mushy stuff like some sort of one liner from the Notebook, without a problem.

"Percy!" I mimicked and stood up. I wonder how everybody else is. I haven't... really heard from them in a long time. Maybe because Percy and I were just hiding out in the fifth cohort for a while and no body was willing to intervene or enter. Maybe we should move... we should go to somewhere more private.

"Don't say my name like that," Percy smirked. "Turns me on." I blanched and let out a scandalized, "Percy!"

"Sorry, sorry," Percy laughed himself. "Alright, I'll see you around. Be good. Talk to Hazel."

"I'm always good, what are you talking about?"
"Mhm," Percy just smiled. He turned to leave when I grabbed his arm. He turned to me.

"What-?" I slid my hand up his cheek and into his hair. I pulled him down and pressed our lips together gently.

"See you soon," I smiled lightly and Percy stood there, more than a little stunned. "Go, silly, before you're late." Percy suddenly leapt into action and nodded quickly and scrambled out the door. I chuckled and closed the door. I slid down it and held my head tightly.

You honestly thought  I'd let you have this idea of bliss?

I winced, holding my head tightly.
"I thought I was free. I thought I had endured enough-"

Thinking is overrated. Shoot first, ask later, Nico. Remember?
"Don't do this to me-"
Jackson isn't ideal for you, Nico. You know that. He's the type who will cradle your heart and then when you reach for his, he'll throw yours on the ground and step on it. He'll crush it and enjoy the warm feeling of your blood on his socks.

"Who likes warm blood on their socks?"
I do.
"Typical," I groaned.
Are you... talking back to me Nico? My, my. How brave of you. 

"Look, I just want happiness. Tell me what it'll take to get rid of you!"
Happiness? What is 'happiness' to you, Nico?
"Me without you."
Ah. I'm used to that, I have been living for centuries in bodies like yours. Tortured ones. Delicious ones. Yours is the most compliable and comfortable though, I must say.

"You've over stayed your welcome, Shadow."
I know. I was put here for a reason though, so here I am!
"Not happy to see you. Leave. Tell me how I can dispel you!"

If I told you my kryptonite... where would the fun in all this be? The Shadow is a cruel creature.
"You don't understand. You already know everything about me. What's one little secret of yours going to me to little old me?"
What with that Anniebell girl creating the internet with the Taco boy, you could post my secret to anywhere and I couldn't even punish you.